Archived I guess I don't understand this business.

Status
Not open for further replies.
How is it we have pallets, uboats, and repacks of push in the back. All full of product that will go out on the floor. For example, pharmacy repacks. Backed up for days, even a week. And not even that, there are 10 three tiers full of backstock. I walk through pharmacy and see out after out after out. Another example, cat litter that is on sale this week. But it's empty on the floor. I know because a guest found me and I filled it. Taking away from my area. But .....

No hours to push. How can a business that sells product, not have hours to push said product? Imagine a restaurant that is open for business. Sove is in. Food ready to cook. You go in and the waiter, if there is one, says, "I'm sorry. We have what you want, but we don't have the hours to fix it."

Am I wrong to see a problem here?

Edit: Stove is on.

Last edited:
How is it we have pallets, uboats, and repacks of push in the back. All full of product that will go out on the floor. For example, pharmacy repacks. Backed up for days, even a week. And not even that, there are 10 three tiers full of backstock. I walk through pharmacy and see out after out after out. Another example, cat litter that is on sale this week. But it's empty on the floor. I know because a guest found me and I filled it. Taking away from my area. But .....

No hours to push. How can a business that sells product, not have hours to push said product? Imagine a restaurant that is open for business. Sove is in. Food ready to cook. You go in and the waiter, if there is one, says, "I'm sorry. We have what you want, but we don't have the hours to fix it."

Am I wrong to see a problem here?

Do what you're told and enjoy your increased pay. If you don't like the new process find another job. Those were my ETLs words.

I don't think anyone is in favor of the new process but afraid for their job if they question it.

Do what you're told and enjoy your increased pay. If you don't like the new process find another job. Those were my ETLs words.

I don't think anyone is in favor of the new process but afraid for their job if they question it.

What increased pay? I won't see a penny of it. I don't care about the process. I was told by some talking face, read ETL, at my store .... we eliminated the process teams to focus on the guest. Really? Outs on the floor are terrible as product sits in the back. It's pathetic.

If there is work to be done the company should not worry about the hours they spend to get it done. Instead they have it down to a science how long every step should take and allocate only that many minutes to get it done. We started to unload the truck and soon ran out of uboats. We stop the unload to push some freight so we have vehicles empty to continue. Only problem is that before we can resume the truck our teams four hour shift is up and we're sent home, putting the rest of the unload to dayside, taking them off the floor. Smart thing to do would be to keep the unload team on the truck and dayside on the floor. Instead we have to stay under hours which means no one on the floor and product sitting in the back another day.

If there is work to be done the company should not worry about the hours they spend to get it done. Instead they have it down to a science how long every step should take and allocate only that many minutes to get it done. We started to unload the truck and soon ran out of uboats. We stop the unload to push some freight so we have vehicles empty to continue. Only problem is that before we can resume the truck our teams four hour shift is up and we're sent home, putting the rest of the unload to dayside, taking them off the floor. Smart thing to do would be to keep the unload team on the truck and dayside on the floor. Instead we have to stay under hours which means no one on the floor and product sitting in the back another day.

I agree in principle. But there's always something taking me away from my work. Out of carts? Go get carts. Line at the registers? Back up cashier. No training? We had a bale bust today cause the person making it wasn't trained properly. That took forever to clean up. It's no science that all this adds up.

I agree in principle. But there's always something taking me away from my work. Out of carts? Go get carts. Line at the registers? Back up cashier. No training? We had a bale bust today cause the person making it wasn't trained properly. That took forever to clean up. It's no science that all this adds up.

But the numbers look great to corporate, until sales truly tank nothing will happen.

When the store says something along the lines of 'sales are up from last year' are they taking into account the cost of the items and other expenses? Just because sales are up doesn't mean profit is also. And do those sales figures include orders placed online for store pick up? Is there any method of tracking lost sales?

What increased pay? I won't see a penny of it. I don't care about the process. I was told by some talking face, read ETL, at my store .... we eliminated the process teams to focus on the guest. Really? Outs on the floor are terrible as product sits in the back. It's pathetic.

I love it when they try to sell the narrative that getting rid of truck pushers, pricing teams, and Brand TMs (for apparel, admittedly not very familiar with GM/other areas) was just done because they wanted more people out on the floor. They must think we really can't figure out that the end result was completely eliminating teams and having one person do what around 4 used to do, cutting a bunch of hours in the process...

I love it when they try to sell the narrative that getting rid of truck pushers, pricing teams, and Brand TMs (for apparel, admittedly not very familiar with GM/other areas) was just done because they wanted more people out on the floor. They must think we really can't figure out that the end result was completely eliminating teams and having one person do what around 4 used to do, cutting a bunch of hours in the process...
Also giving team members under 29 hours so they don't have to give us medical and dental benefits.

When the store says something along the lines of 'sales are up from last year' are they taking into account the cost of the items and other expenses? Just because sales are up doesn't mean profit is also. And do those sales figures include orders placed online for store pick up? Is there any method of tracking lost sales?

Yes SFS/OPU are part of the sales figures and for my store this year they will be down by a lot..

So, Saturday at 5pm, I'm pushing repacks in hba/pharmacy. Nothing is sorted. I have fifteen repacks on a uboat with another 5 more in the back. At least 12 carts of unlocated backstock sitting in 3 tiers in the hba stockroom.

A guest asks me where the baby Vics vaporub is. I show her but there's none there. She says .... I came here cause it showed online you have it. I tell her that I'm pushing the truck now. I look on the mydevice. We have 6 on hand. None on the floor. None in back. Who knows where it is.

I tell her I can look around, but chances are I won't find it. She looks concerned. I mean, she didn't ask for it because her baby was feeling okay. So she finishes her shopping while I look in back. Couldn't find it.

She comes back and asks me if I found it. I tell her no. She says again that she came here because we were suppose to have it according to the website. I told her sorry.

Hey Corprate!!!!!!!! Either don't show what our inventory is online or fix this shitshow we call logistics. I actually don't get orgasms from saving money by telling mothers of sick children we don't have the medicine our technology says we have. Dumb asses.

So, Saturday at 5pm, I'm pushing repacks in hba/pharmacy. Nothing is sorted. I have fifteen repacks on a uboat with another 5 more in the back. At least 12 carts of unlocated backstock sitting in 3 tiers in the hba stockroom.

A guest asks me where the baby Vics vaporub is. I show her but there's none there. She says .... I came here cause it showed online you have it. I tell her that I'm pushing the truck now. I look on the mydevice. We have 6 on hand. None on the floor. None in back. Who knows where it is.

I tell her I can look around, but chances are I won't find it. She looks concerned. I mean, she didn't ask for it because her baby was feeling okay. So she finishes her shopping while I look in back. Couldn't find it.

She comes back and asks me if I found it. I tell her no. She says again that she came here because we were suppose to have it according to the website. I told her sorry.

Hey Corprate!!!!!!!! Either don't show what our inventory is online or fix this shitshow we call logistics. I actually don't get orgasms from saving money by telling mothers of sick children we don't have the medicine our technology says we have. Dumb asses.
The same thing happened to me with baby formula once, someone from another store had told her we had 6, then I looked it up and as soon as I saw 0 on floor + 0 in back, 6 on hand, I knew I probably wasn't gonna find it... although believe me I tried. Stuff like that never used to happen to me.

The same thing happened to me with baby formula once, someone from another store had told her we had 6, then I looked it up and as soon as I saw 0 on floor + 0 in back, 6 on hand, I knew I probably wasn't gonna find it... although believe me I tried. Stuff like that never used to happen to me.
With how many items we get that were suppose to go to a different store, I would be afraid to see all the items we are suppose to have in stock but instead got sent somewhere else

With how many items we get that were suppose to go to a different store, I would be afraid to see all the items we are suppose to have in stock but instead got sent somewhere else
OPU/SFS teams pay the price in INFs for all those items that are supposed to be on hand, but were actually sent to other stores. More red metrics and more lost sales...

Brian Cornell is the biggest dumb ass of all. He needs to go away.

I hear you all, and I agree with everything, everyone has to say.
This is the implementation phase. We have until September to fully adopt and incorporate the new ops model.
You all might not make it to September. Heck, no one might make it till September. But, the Ops model sure will. It doesn’t matter how much we protest, or analyze this new process and the pitfalls that accompany it. At the end of the day its here to stay.
So when your ETL/TL/STL tells you to get with the program or GTFO. They really mean it.
No , you won’t be heard, no one cares if you don’t agree with the new ops model. No one cares if you are being overworked. No one cares. Its everyone for themselves, just like it should be in a civilized western society .
You should hear how some of my ETLs and my STL talk about TMs. Do you know what the biggest problem THEY see? Its YOU. They think you are lazy, they think you waste time. They think you are the reason why the backroom is fucked up, they think its your fault things aren’t located , they think YOU are the BIGGEST problem facing Target right now.🤷🏽‍♀️

I hear you all, and I agree with everything, everyone has to say.
This is the implementation phase. We have until September to fully adopt and incorporate the new ops model.
You all might not make it to September. Heck, no one might make it till September. But, the Ops model sure will. It doesn’t matter how much we protest, or analyze this new process and the pitfalls that accompany it. At the end of the day its here to stay.
So when your ETL/TL/STL tells you to get with the program or GTFO. They really mean it.
No , you won’t be heard, no one cares if you don’t agree with the new ops model. No one cares if you are being overworked. No one cares. Its everyone for themselves, just like it should be in a civilized western society .
You should hear how some of my ETLs and my STL talk about TMs. Do you know what the biggest problem THEY see? Its YOU. They think you are lazy, they think you waste time. They think you are the reason why the backroom is fucked up, they think its your fault things aren’t located , they think YOU are the BIGGEST problem facing Target right now.🤷🏽‍♀️

Isn't that sad? And here I was feeling the slightest guilt about us not having that Vics baby vapo rub. I mean really, who cares about sick kids anyway. I guess I should be happy that an unproductive member of society might he weeded out like the lazy little thing it is. Lazy I tell you. Always lying there. Wanting to be fed. Thanks for assuaging my guilt. I guess I should have tried substituting something else to save the basket. Draino you think? Oooh, that was dumb of me. Target brand Draino. We make more profit out if it.

Last edited:
Isn't that sad? And here I was feeling the slightest guilt about us not having that Vics baby vapo rub. I mean really, who cares about sick kids anyway. I guess I should be happy that an unproductive member of society might he weeded out like the lazy little thing it is. Lazy I tell you. Always lying there. Wanting to be fed. Thanks for assuaging my guilt. I guess I should have tried substituting something else to save the basket. Draino you think? Oooh, that was dumb of me. Target brand Draino. We make more profit out if it.
The correct name is Vicks baby rub. DPCI: 094-03-0319.

It sucks. When I first started years ago it was “make sure everything gets stocked. If we don’t stock we will not have customers.” Now it’s no hours and make sure your out of here. How long can a company operate like that? I do what I can and than clock out. It’s all I can do.

We used to get food push done before the store opened, because that was apparently one of the places guests went first when we opened--and you didn't want to try to stock around guests and get in their way. Like if you finished your area early you got sent to food, that's how on top of things they were.

Now look where we are. Urgh.

All our DBOs who pushes truck come in at 8a....

We haven’t come clean on a truck since we changed these scheduled times 2 weeks ago. And now those same DBOs have to back up cashier because there is no other “hardlines/GM” in the dayside minus the DBOs which will even further push behind truck.

Right now i feel it for my team and it’s going to make it increasing difficult leading my team to success with these ludicrous schedule changes. But all we can do is do what you can do and clock out for the day.

This is very true, but the problem my store is facing is that in many areas NO ONE they put in is finding success at it (without going significantly over scheduled hours, anyhow). The former flow team members who've been working the same area for a long time are faring the best of everyone, but a lot are also leaving and those departments quickly fall apart afterwards and some have already had multiple replacements. I'm not sure why management seems to think chasing off their most experienced team members was the best strategy for this implementation...maybe their new hire requirements now include "must be The Flash and/or a miracleworker"?

This is very true, but the problem my store is facing is that in many areas NO ONE they put in is finding success at it (without going significantly over scheduled hours, anyhow). The former flow team members who've been working the same area for a long time are faring the best of everyone, but a lot are also leaving and those departments quickly fall apart afterwards and some have already had multiple replacements. I'm not sure why management seems to think chasing off their most experienced team members was the best strategy for this implementation...maybe their new hire requirements now include "must be The Flash and/or a miracleworker"?
So , we were like 2-3 trucks behind, to catch up , guess what the LOG did, did 2 overnights, and had flex shut off for 2 days ,used those TMs to push/backstock. This was 3 weeks ago......and we are behind atleast 2 trucks again...
so seems like overnights work!
A shit ton of payroll also gets shelves stocked
🤷🏽‍♀️ Who would’ve known

All our DBOs who pushes truck come in at 8a....
No one is on our floor until 8. Possibly one in market and one in softlines and one cashier running the self checkout. I've been hearing complaints how it's impossible to find someone to help a guest.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back