I hate my new TL, and everyone's in the same boat.

Thanks for asking but I have a prior commitment, some other time of course. Quick and easy. I always stayed, easy money and I'm quite boring anyway. Zoning was cool, kind of artistic.
I agree, usually I’m fine with staying late, but sometimes I do have to leave at my scheduled time. Despite how firm I am about it they’ll continue pushing, which is the most frustrating part. And if I do agree, they’ll keep assigning more tasks so I stay later and later or keep bartering with me to stay a certain time which is honestly just irritating

And it's annoying that they want you to hold firm to your schedule, no calling out, no randomly showing up and demanding to be clocked in, -but- they don't want to hold firm at their end and treat the schedule like a suggestion. Either claim your (meaning business) hours up front with the schedule posting so you can plan your life around it, or accept that not claiming your hours up front means you lost out.

First line of defense is to intelligently discuss matters with the ETL, HR or departmental. This could or could not be an issue for the hotline. In most cases the hotline defends the company, not you.

I agree, usually I’m fine with staying late, but sometimes I do have to leave at my scheduled time. Despite how firm I am about it they’ll continue pushing, which is the most frustrating part. And if I do agree, they’ll keep assigning more tasks so I stay later and later or keep bartering with me to stay a certain time which is honestly just irritating

When your shift is over, clean up any mess and leave. Just walk off the sales floor and clock out.

No one can force you to stay past your scheduled end time. Schedules are posted 10 days before they start. If they wanted to schedule you later that day or for more hours that day, they had an opportunity to do so.

Personally, I start cleaning up my area or work with 10 minutes to go - put stock in the back, throw away thrash, etc. So when my clock hits the ending time, I walk off the floor and clock out/leave.

No one has ever had a problem with it. If they did, I would say my shift ended at a specific time and I worked until that time. I can't clock in early so I am not staying late.

Once I receive my schedule, I plan my life. I schedule appointments, make plans, etc.

If someone asks me to stay later, I give them an answer. There is no negotiation, no bartering. I either say yes or no and that is it. Sometimes I have said yes and given them a time I will stay to. Sometimes I have said no.

I am gonna have to disagree. I have called it and my friend called it. They did nothing to help us at all. That's why called it a useless sack of shit. If you had a different experience I'd like to hear it.
I don't want to derail this thread. Im sorry you had a bad experience. Ive used it twice, once anonymously and once identifying myself. I cant be specific about the issues as they could identify me, but in both cases the issues were addressed. I even got a phone call from HR in Minneapolis to talk about the issue where I identified myself. If its a legitimate issue they will address it. There is zero tolerance policy for retaliation from your leadership for calling the hotline.

Back