Archived I hate to ask this but I still haven't received my final check...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Due to complications I had to resign. I gave my notice on Monday, October 7. Payday was on that Friday, the 11th. My final day was Friday, October 18th. I didn't know whether I had to pick up the paycheck or wait for them to mail it to me (this was my first job). I called last Thursday and the woman handling the cash said that the check wasn't in the box, so I assume they mailed it to me. It just seems like it's taking a long time to get to me, seeing as I live only ten minutes down the road from the store. Is there any number I can call to get some more help?

The check would have come on the normal paycheck cycle and they usually wait a week or so to mail it out which would put it about now that you should be getting it.
I'd wait a few days and give them another call.

Actually, the official answer is going to be determined by what your state guidelines are, some states like CA require IMMEDIATE pay, other states only require immediate payout for those being terminated. Your HR should have explained when you could expect to get your last check. I'd call them for clarification so you know whether you have to pick it up at the store or whether it's going to be mailed to you or direct deposited.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back