Archived "I have a chemistry degree and I'm working retail hahahaha"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back only a few days and already there is an ETL I can't stand.

She constantly is making comments designed to remind everyone how great she is masked as "jokes".

I have already heard her randomly say "I have a chemistry degree and I'm working retail hahaaha" about 4 times. I've had to bite my tongue from saying "Yea, with a chemistry degree WTF are you doing working retail?"

The other ETLs I haven't gotten a good feel for yet, but my initial impression is they are like this one. Most of the TLs seem pretty good on the upside. Lots of TMs who are bitter/negative make staying upbeat difficult.... not like my old store at all.

Yo bro. I have a bachelors in organic chemistry and I run pfresh. Reason I haven't done anything with it? Pointless unless you go to grad school and I'm not willing to go into debt and be ****ed in the ass by people who are in middle school.

I know someone who has a degree in ornithology and worked as a barista in a bookstore for years before she could find a job in her field.

Respond to her...."Then WTF are you doing here....Don't you know you can event get a state job."

If she has a Chemistry degree and she claims she can't find a job in the chemistry field....SHE IS LYING. Eastman Chemical, Dow, BASF, even my lab needs people..........tons of jobs.

I received my bachelor of arts in music in 2007 and I was a TM for five years. The last two years, I was two steps away from a master's degree.

We constantly had ETLs fresh out of college, my age or younger, and a variety of degrees. I had to bite my tongue a lot, too.

My guess is they see Target and go, "Ooh! I'd love to work there! And I'm going to graduate soon!" and Target pounces on them, because they know these fresh grads know nothing about retail. Back when I applied, I did the same thing...but I went for a TM position, because I thought you needed some sort of business degree to be management. Hahahaha right...

"Yea, with a chemistry degree WTF are you doing working retail?"

You may or may not be justified in your opinions of said ETL, depending on how she works, but I tend to refrain from thoughts like that because you never really know the story until you know the story.

My dad has a Ph.D in Chemistry and has worked as a general contractor. I have a bachelor's of science in Operations Research and Industrial Engineering with a minor in Materials Science and Engineering from an Ivy league university, and I still work part-time at Target as a TM. I have my own reasons for this, as I'm sure my dad does and a parade of others that hold degrees at Target.

I just say don't be so quick judge until you know what's the deal.

I had an ex team member come in and tell me I could do better with my degree than target. The problem is the type of positions he was referring to require more work experience than I have.
Cool story, bro. Tell it again.

SOT,
I knew it would be about a week and I would start to see these kinds of posts from you about your new store. Remember, almost every ETL in the compnay has a degree. Maybe the ETL just likes to point out the funny curves that life throws at you. I know an ETL who has a degree in marine biology, but she loves retail more than fish I guess. Just be happy you have your job and shut up, remember...you're the one who came crawling back to the ETL stuffing her face at Pizza Hut Express begging for a job.

SOT,
I knew it would be about a week and I would start to see these kinds of posts from you about your new store. Remember, almost every ETL in the compnay has a degree. Maybe the ETL just likes to point out the funny curves that life throws at you. I know an ETL who has a degree in marine biology, but she loves retail more than fish I guess. Just be happy you have your job and shut up, remember...you're the one who came crawling back to the ETL stuffing her face at Pizza Hut Express begging for a job.

If that ETL-HR stuffing her face didn't have mom and dad pay for 4 years of party time, she'd have been working guest service for $8/hour begging for hours.

The fact is, there is always an ETL that loves to brag about their degree every chance they get. Every store has one. All I'm saying is, I've met the one at my store that does it.

I have a degree in a field that's been outsourced so I'm doing lattes for rich housewives with nothing better to do than point me out to their goof-off kids as to what'll happen if they "don't get in college".

I'm sorry Red..

Then maybe she should have gotten a better GPA and GRE score and went on to Graduate school.

I know. Everyone make themselves feel superior to others by pretending you would be able to make different life choices for someone. It'll be great.

First, we pretend we have a time machine.
Second, we pretend we have the ability to take over someone's consciousness.
Third, we don't do anything about our own ****ty lives, we just tell them how we would do so much better at theirs.

What a capital idea.

I know. Everyone make themselves feel superior to others by pretending you would be able to make different life choices for someone. It'll be great.

First, we pretend we have a time machine.
Second, we pretend we have the ability to take over someone's consciousness.
Third, we don't do anything about our own ****ty lives, we just tell them how we would do so much better at theirs.

What a capital idea.

I keep coming back and rereading this post. It is the wisest thing I have seen in a long time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back