Archived I have an interview tomorrow with the one person in the store who hates me...

Status
Not open for further replies.
im applying for a leadership role, had my first interview tonight everything went great and then they (person who I interviewed with) informed me that an ETL who I have never gotten along with will be interviewing me tomorrow. I'm so upset. This specific ETL everyone in the store dislikes for always being so rude and disrespectful. I cannot stand them, they're genuinely one of the most awful people I have ever been around. I feel like I've lost all chances at the job now because you can't please this ETL. I'm so bummed I almost want to just withdraw my application...

Just Smile and do your best honestly. I know having to deal with someone like that isn't fantastic but dealing with them will show that even though you dislike them, And that you knew they were unlikely to suggest you for the Role. You were willing to put that to the side to do your best and try for the job. If you can't kill them with a Hatchet (Apparently its illegal. Who would of thought.) Kill them with Kindness.

It's not going to be as bad as you think I would say. The good thing about the interview guide is everything you say has to be written down. What position are you going for? Is it your second or third? And after the interview ask for feedback. I wouldn't say it's mandatory that they give you feedback on it because I'm not sure but I would say that if you asked and they dont give you any then it'd look bad if you went to your STL and told them what happened. Also if you think the ETL did something shady I'd ask for another ETL to look over the packet and give their opinion on your answers to see if they'd sgeee with your score.....also make sure the answers on theee were YOUR answers

Put on your most professional demeanor & don't let them push your buttons because this could likely be a test of your tolerance.
Do NOT let them get the best of you or play head games.

well, it comes down to how professional they are when it comes to this, and if the ETL in question knows the difference between like and respect.
that said ...
they already know who they want. dont even kid yourself. if they wanted you in that role, youd already know you were going to be in it or benched. often times the interview process is a formality or a face saver. at my store when a leadership position becomes open, you didnt know it until they announced who the new TL was going to be and you wonder when there was a chance to apply, because you know for sure there wasnt. but then again the leadership at my store is so far from brand the the spot manikin cries in shame when ever they speak.

well, it comes down to how professional they are when it comes to this, and if the ETL in question knows the difference between like and respect.
that said ...
they already know who they want. dont even kid yourself. if they wanted you in that role, youd already know you were going to be in it or benched. often times the interview process is a formality or a face saver. at my store when a leadership position becomes open, you didnt know it until they announced who the new TL was going to be and you wonder when there was a chance to apply, because you know for sure there wasnt. but then again the leadership at my store is so far from brand the the spot manikin cries in shame when ever they speak.

I know you say the leadership in your store sucks but not every store is like that. I think if they are taking the time to interview you they will consider you for the position. It would be way too easy for them to have just chosen someone else otherwise.

that said ...
We had a situation at my store a few years ago where they'd already picked someone for a TL position, an outside hire. Several TMs were told they'd get interviews and only one was interviewed. The others were taken into the office (one by one) and straight up told that there was not going to be an interview for them. Well, the outside hire turned down the job (found something better, I'm sure) and someone called the hotline. Apologies were issued and... they eliminated the TL position in question. The ETL who was supposed to do the interviews moved on and no one is too salty about it anymore, but I doubt any of those TMs are going to forget what happened.

I know you say the leadership in your store sucks but not every store is like that. I think if they are taking the time to interview you they will consider you for the position. It would be way too easy for them to have just chosen someone else otherwise.

oh i know ASANTS, but if the ETL is behaving as said id be suspicious.

We had a situation at my store a few years ago where they'd already picked someone for a TL position, an outside hire. Several TMs were told they'd get interviews and only one was interviewed. The others were taken into the office (one by one) and straight up told that there was not going to be an interview for them. Well, the outside hire turned down the job (found something better, I'm sure) and someone called the hotline. Apologies were issued and... they eliminated the TL position in question. The ETL who was supposed to do the interviews moved on and no one is too salty about it anymore, but I doubt any of those TMs are going to forget what happened.

my store is full of salty TMs. our leadership isnt very respectable.

I had the interview, it went well. They kept saying "I'm so surprised you did well." "I didn't think this was gonna go well" but I just smiled and said thank you. I had four more interviews after that (WHY SO MANY??) but I have to wait till Monday for our HR person to offer me the position. However today the GSA didn't show up and so the STL handed me the GSA keys and had me manage the floor which was SO SCARY. Absolutely no training, didn't know what any of the keys were. It was a hot mess but according to everyone they said I did well, but I was so frustrated and annoyed by the situation. We were slammed all day. I still have to wait till Monday for final offer but I'm just annoyed with it at this point.

I had a sit down with two people, one-on-one, another one-on-one, and the next day two more one-on-ones. The last person I talked to literally said "honestly I'm not sure why we all have to sit down with you but okay haha"

Kudos to you for sticking it out...no matter what happens you obviously have your best and you should feel good about that.

I just can't believe you had 4 interviews...lol

Our newest GSA got the position after the STL basically went up to him and said "hey how'd you like to become a GSA? Great, we'll put you on the next schedule and you can train next week."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back