Archived I have one more simple question...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sorry if I seem like a noob ....
I just got hired seasonal but when I go to work I have no clue what I'm suppose to do.
one of the other seasonals told me that when I arrive that I'm suppose to tell the lod I'm here on the walkie and then the lod will tell me if there's anything they want me to do before my zone.
Am I really suppose to do that? because I have never done that in the past week, I would just walk in and ask others in the section what i'm suppose to do... Opps?

Depends on your area really. ie. Food Ave, Cart Attendant, Starbucks, Cashier, no need to ask the LOD, you know where to go when you come in. If you're on the salesfloor though then asking the LOD what they'd like you to start with is probably a good idea.

I'm seasonal too - in softlines. I strictly talk to the people in my department, too. Sometimes the LOD will be from softlines, sometimes not. But, I see no reason to go to "store level" to figure out if I'm on reshop or zoning.

What work center were you hired for? If you work the Front End/FA, you report to the GSTL or GSA.

If you are on the salesfloor, you sign out a walkie and PDA, and walkie to the hardlines or softlines TL and request for your duties for the shift.

If all else, go to the service desk and request for the LOD.

The LOD or TL should have a plan for you. Check in with them to get your assignment(s) for the day

For salesfloor at my store we always walkie for the LOD, or at least to let them know we're checking in. I usually work market so I don't ask what I'm doing, I just say "LOD, this is indigo checking in for market."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back