Archived I have returned from a journey to a land far away [out this hoe!]

Status
Not open for further replies.
ICQA is just horribly tedious which doesn't pair well with a 12 hour shift, the job itself is not bad otherwise

If I'm going to work that long in a day (or night) it's better for it to be one single task that's mindless and fast-paced, like picking and inbound truck unloads. Get stuck doing exceptions or packing and 12 hours becomes 12 days lol

ICQA is just horribly tedious which doesn't pair well with a 12 hour shift, the job itself is not bad otherwise

If I'm going to work that long in a day (or night) it's better for it to be one single task that's mindless and fast-paced, like picking and inbound truck unloads. Get stuck doing exceptions or packing and 12 hours becomes 12 days lol
You will find your groove and make the best of it. First times for everything is usually the toughest.

welp we're now officially kicking off August and the weather forecast for the month is 120F at midnight, persistent tornadic activity, enough humidity to drown a fish and a 100% chance of overtime every week. I can't say I'm particularly stoked for most of that but this extra bread should take the edge off at least

VP of our facility announced today in our mega-meeting that "corporate periodically reviews compensation levels as they relate to local market averages yada yada" and so we're getting a 2 dolla minimum bump effective Sept 1. There was no ridiculous corny build-up to it like at Target, just sprung it on us like all of a sudden corporate said "let there be bread" and lo, there was bread. Gave me lots to 🤔 about.

So I've been here for about 4 months now which I think is long enough to make the call if the grass was in fact greener or not, and the answer is...(mostly) yes! The grass is dry and parched in a few patches but for the most part, about 85% greener. Green like this money, you might say.

The daily workload is very rando and I never know what to expect before I start work for the day. Some days there is literally fuck all to do and if your boss asks you if you want to leave and you say nah (they can ask but can't make you) then you have to start busyworking as a legion of agonizing minutes marches by almost in suspended animation. Then the next day there will be 20 billion picks to do and the goal won't be met even with 136 people attacking the pick aisles at once. If it could always be like the latter then I'd be ecstatic.

The more...uh...relaxed culture is still taking some getting used to. I quickly learned that if I'm getting cross trained in another department, I should do my best to blend into the scenery and keep my mug tied. A memorable one was a few weeks ago when I showed up to the ICQA office accompanied by my boss who handed me off to an ICQA chick to get crosstrained. She gave him a look like she had just been presented with a rat carcass, and gave me a look that stuck about a foot out of my back. That was a fun shift lmao. Fortunately this bread makes snotty coworkers surprisingly tolerable!

So I've been here for about 4 months now which I think is long enough to make the call if the grass was in fact greener or not, and the answer is...(mostly) yes! The grass is dry and parched in a few patches but for the most part, about 85% greener. Green like this money, you might say.

The daily workload is very rando and I never know what to expect before I start work for the day. Some days there is literally fuck all to do and if your boss asks you if you want to leave and you say nah (they can ask but can't make you) then you have to start busyworking as a legion of agonizing minutes marches by almost in suspended animation. Then the next day there will be 20 billion picks to do and the goal won't be met even with 136 people attacking the pick aisles at once. If it could always be like the latter then I'd be ecstatic.

The more...uh...relaxed culture is still taking some getting used to. I quickly learned that if I'm getting cross trained in another department, I should do my best to blend into the scenery and keep my mug tied. A memorable one was a few weeks ago when I showed up to the ICQA office accompanied by my boss who handed me off to an ICQA chick to get crosstrained. She gave him a look like she had just been presented with a rat carcass, and gave me a look that stuck about a foot out of my back. That was a fun shift lmao. Fortunately this bread makes snotty coworkers surprisingly tolerable!
Bahaha, training new people sucks. Obviously it was not personal.

Wew lads, what a week. It seems my departure from Target was even more timely than I first realized. From what I hear my store began the modernization purges less than a week after I quit, and no one was spared. On Monday I stopped by HR's orientation room to axe them a few questions and an eerily familiar voice says "HI CTT!!!!" Who is sitting amongst the mega-crowd of new hires but a former TL, two softlines chicks and one of the now-dissolved POG TMs? They all told the same stories.

STL: I need you to performance out Andrea.
TL: WTF!!! Andrea is one of my best TMs, how about you do it yourself, asshole? 🖕

STL: Wow Andrea, your attendance was so good but then you were 0.5 milliseconds late yesterday. That's unacceptable.
Andrea: Ummmm what the fuck? 🖕

Welcome, welcome one and all to my new digs. I'm still a semi-noob myself so I can't yet consider it my kingdom, although we do have plenty of Crowns. Around here we sometimes make our numbers but for the most part all we make is money 👌

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back