I'm Lost! I have the flu

I have the flu and need to call out I don’t think I’m gonna be able to go today or tomorrow. I also couldn’t find someone to cover my shift. Who do I talk to the LOD or the ETL ? And should I tell them I would be able to come in tomorrow either?

Last edited:
Call the store and ask to speak to YOUR LOD. So depending on what area you work in it would be a GM, GA, or Style LOD.

We still have a lod its just different name. But its just now ETL and not just one LOD
LOD was the momentary title to the "[wo]man in charge," the captain of the ship, the no-higher-than person in the building. They encompassed the manager on duty role. They were always a Sr. TL or ETL.

We did away with this in Modernization. There's no one supreme leader of the building at any one time. There are no Sr. TLs that outrank TLs but below ETLs. Your TL or ETL, if present, is your leader and that's who gives out instructions to you. They aren't in charge of the entire store, but they can certainly respond to requests for "a manager" by Guests.

The Closing Team Leader became the person responsible for the closing of the store (the key carrier) and does pretty much what the LOD did before during closing. Since these are mostly M-F roles, other TLs act as the closers in rotation.

But no there are no Leaders on Duty.

LOD was the momentary title to the "[wo]man in charge," the captain of the ship, the no-higher-than person in the building. They encompassed the manager on duty role. They were always a Sr. TL or ETL.

We did away with this in Modernization. There's no one supreme leader of the building at any one time. There are no Sr. TLs that outrank TLs but below ETLs. Your TL or ETL, if present, is your leader and that's who gives out instructions to you. They aren't in charge of the entire store, but they can certainly respond to requests for "a manager" by Guests.

The Closing Team Leader became the person responsible for the closing of the store (the key carrier) and does pretty much what the LOD did before during closing. Since these are mostly M-F roles, other TLs act as the closers in rotation.

But no there are no Leaders on Duty.
There are always Leaders On Duty..

Your attendance is not looking too good. You might want to read your other threads. These questions were answered already.

Back