Archived I left spot 6 months ago. Just got paid from a mysterious target account.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I quit the first of august, got my last paycheck mailed to me which included vacation hours. I cashed out my 401k because I needed the cash for moving and before getting student loans for law school. So at that point I thought that spot did not owe me anything more, I thought that I had milked that cow. Just today I received a sizeable check in the mail, slightly larger than my paychecks were. I worked for spot for just over 5 years, in three stores. I spent the last year at a new store and was quickly promoted to electronics team member, but I didn't notice the paygrade increase until my ETL-HL was forced out, nothing was ever said to me about the extra 50 cents beyond when my schedule changed (I asked the brand new eTL-HR if I would get the increase, but she told me that I was already getting paid more than 90% of people in the store so I probably would not get it). My question is, is this a pension payment for the end of the year, or did someone in either my old store, or HQ accounting realize a pay mistake and sent me a check? I'm not complaining about mystery money, I just kind of want to know where it came from.

It was your pension payment. It was a great perk until it was stopped by spot about 2 or 3 years ago. What was nice is, that you could withdraw against it without penalty.

Actually, this is misinformation. Employees who were hired before 2010 are "grandfathered" into the Pension Plan, and will continue to get contribution throughout their employment with Target. Only new hire are not eligible to participate in the Pension Plan. If you do not participate in that plan for a long enough period of time, and do not get to a certain amount in your account, then the Pension is paid out to the employee. Call the TBC 800-828-5850 ask for Pension and Retirement, they will walk you through the details.
Who was eligible for the pension? Would you know about it if you were eligible?

Prior to 2 to 3 years ago, spot had a pension plan. Then spot had stopped it. Costs factor.
Go to targetpayandbenefits.com for more info.

Call the Team Member Service Center - Human Resources Operations Center 800-394-1885 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. M-F CT, they will tell you EXACTLY what the pay was for.
So I quit the first of august, got my last paycheck mailed to me which included vacation hours. I cashed out my 401k because I needed the cash for moving and before getting student loans for law school. So at that point I thought that spot did not owe me anything more, I thought that I had milked that cow. Just today I received a sizeable check in the mail, slightly larger than my paychecks were. I worked for spot for just over 5 years, in three stores. I spent the last year at a new store and was quickly promoted to electronics team member, but I didn't notice the paygrade increase until my ETL-HL was forced out, nothing was ever said to me about the extra 50 cents beyond when my schedule changed (I asked the brand new eTL-HR if I would get the increase, but she told me that I was already getting paid more than 90% of people in the store so I probably would not get it). My question is, is this a pension payment for the end of the year, or did someone in either my old store, or HQ accounting realize a pay mistake and sent me a check? I'm not complaining about mystery money, I just kind of want to know where it came from.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back