Archived I love target because

Status
Not open for further replies.
... of the people. Work is work but the people with whom you work says a lot about why you work there. I haven't met an a-hole (yet) since working at my store. Even when you aren't perfect, they explain and guide and help. And they HELP. Even the TLs will do the TM work when we're short. That is a rarity at other places.

As an aside, I love the TL who keeps switching the Crown to 'turtle-mode' on me as if I don't know what I'm doing. I have like 5 years experience with a pallet jack (no thinking required), more than a year with various forklifts (driving, standing, now the beast known as the Crown), and I'm working the Wave better than many in the BR. Even I willfully admit that my proficiency isn't in 'coordination' (except playing guitar) but this stuff is easy. He will submit eventually. :D

/ass

Quote for truth. I have out lasted two complete leadership changes, every single ETL and TL in the joint.
Indeed... There is a sort of sick twisted yet unfortunate level of one up-man-ship when you realize that these poor sobs are (relatively) getting more screwed over then you are.

ON a positive note... Target isn't the worst place I've worked at, but boy lately it sure is trying hard to get close to it.

I love Spot cuz they leave me alone and let me do my thang.
Your living the dream... I wish that were the case for me... but lately some no nothing has been micromanaging the business, which is extremely frustrating.

Last edited:
In target everyone at least speaks English

Whhhaaaaaaat? I love our spanish-speaking TMs, but I can't even imagine a store without them.

Our store team speaks English (with a handful of bilingual folks), but the contracted cleaning crew doesn't. Used to drive our old PMT crazy because they couldn't understand him and he couldn't understand them.

If you can't speak English, you need to learn how - toot sweet!!!

I love it when a guest asks for my name because I was super helpful to them. It's nice to know I had a positive impact on their day.

Because honestly I prefer to be at work (with people I like) than at home (where I've been locked away for years).

Whether you work there or not they are always friendly and helpfull.

They will let you know when your doing a good job and help you improve on the thing that need work !

cant-tell-if-serious.jpg

Umm I like some things tgt sells. They're the one place I can find pb dream chobani.

My store's been out of pb dream for weeks. I found it at shop rite today, though! So I take that one back.

I am enjoying the wellness discount! I just quit lipitor because of side effects and I gotta eat better. The discount on the vegetables I'm experimenting with is nice. Discovered I don't hate cauliflower last week. So yay for that. Trying kale next. I'd default to collards but my store doesn't carry them (*whispers* if anyone has a recipe for kale, feel free to share)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back