Archived I may already need to quit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My situation is that I have 4 herniated disks in my back. I left my former job in December of last year, for a couple of reasons...my physical condition, and some inappropriate behaviour by my former manager.

Anyhow, I've been working here for a week now, after 9 months of pretty much just recuperating. The job itself isn't too bad, but the days that the manager has me rushing around and pushing myself, I get home and my back is throbbing.

There is another job that I applied for, and they want me to start later this week. It's a store merchandiser job, which I know will NOT be as rushed or crazy (I was told straight up they're not so concerned about the time constraints as the quality of the work). I think the fact that it will be a little more relaxed pace will be better for me physically. All this rushing around that Target expects me to do I'm afraid is ruining the progress I've made physically.

I am contemplating going into the HR office this week and explaining that the rushed pace of the job is crippling my physical progress, but I also feel kind of bad because I've only been there a week. I just hope that they understand.

I assume that I will still get paid for the hours I spent training?! It's only gonna be like $500, but hey, money is money.

If you explain it, I don't think anyone would be upset. I've hired a few in similar situations that ended up not working out and I let them quit without notice.

And you 100% get paid for training.

As long as you were clocked in you will get paid. Don't feel bad, Spot goes through TMs at an alarming rate. People at your store will have forgotten about you in a couple of days. If you have any type of physical priblem, Target is not the place to work these days. Good luck and I hope you heal quickly.

Thanks everyone. I'm going to let them know today. I'm just going to tell them, that when I came on board, I understood the job duties, but I didn't realize that I would be forced to move so fast, and it's this reason that my back has been hurting and tightening up.

I'm sure they would much rather have me resign than risk me being hurt on the job, which we all know is even worse for the company.

Then he becomes a target to coach, CCA and fire. Target gives no fucks about that anymore. At least in my store these people were targeted and forced to quit and or fired in the last year. They don't want to have to bother with that anymore.

Especially when he's still within his probationary period. They can make up whatever reason they want to get him out the door!

But if he's decided to quit anyway, then being fired is no great loss, and he might be able to get unemployment based on the lack of accommodations. Does it matter how he walks out if he plans on quitting? And maybe that store has a better culture.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back