Archived I Present to You: A Few Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Help! I'm new!

I have a few questions for y'all.

1. How long do I have to wait before I request time off? I've been flexible and worked additional hours and stayed longer than I was supposed a few days (due to TL's request), and came in on a day I wasn't scheduled (also due to TL's request). Do I not get experience points for this and is this just how Target works? Or does my flexibility and ability to accomodate the needs of Target above my own count for anything?

2. In the event that I can not request a day off (4 hour shift), I can still opt to find a sub, is that correct? Would that look bad if I were trying to find a sub/requesting a day off? CLEARLY, I'd show up if neither of the options workout.

3. How long must I wait before I request to be cross-trained? I've just finished my first three weeks, and I've heard that you have to wait until your 60 day review, but logically, it would be a lot easier to cross-train me over the summer, when I am not in classes then it would be to cross-train me when I am taking 18 credit hours. Additionally, it would be better for Target and myself b/c I can work where I am needed instead of take up space and hours on the clock. I've been helping out all around the store anyway. In backstocks/ backroom, SL, HL. I know Starbucks positions are needed due to two team members going back to school, so I'm going to keep my eye on that.

Heck, it'd be easier to just reapply to Target. The time it took to fill out my application and get an interview was less than a week. Is that not allowed?

Sorry, now I'm starting to ramble. :senile:

If it's just a day you need, you can request it at any time.
Make sure you ask two weeks out and it shouldn't be an issue.
And yes, if it is an issue than you can look for someone to cover for you but you must get that cleared ahead of time.

You can request to be cross trained anytime but the odds are they aren't going to until you've been there for the three months.
If you are a rock star and they are in need, it might happen, so it doesn't hurt to ask.

Okay, great. What does rock star mean exactly? The ETL specifically announced that they needed people cross-trained in backroom, but I wasn't sure if I qualified. Are schedules posted anywhere online for TM to see? Or do I have to go into the store? And if so, am I allowed to d

Turns out they were already planning on cross-training me starting Monday. Huh, they never told me about that! I'm not complaining! :excited:
Also, I decided to just work the shift instead of asking for a sub. Now I know the proper procedure, though, so that's good. Saves me from nagging the TL's in the future.

Okay, great. What does rock star mean exactly? The ETL specifically announced that they needed people cross-trained in backroom, but I wasn't sure if I qualified. Are schedules posted anywhere online for TM to see? Or do I have to go into the store? And if so, am I allowed to d

Rock star = top performer, gets an outstanding or excellent on their review.
Schedules are not posted online.

1. You need to do it two weeks in advance. You also have to do it thru Max (Ehr).

2. You can use the swap board. Write your shift on there and if someone wants it they will sign up for it. You can also direct TMs to the swap board, this will
increase your chance of getting covered. Once you find someone to cover you, make sure to get it approved by an ETL.

3. I think this depends on the store. It seems that most people here have to wait for their 90 day review. I was cross-trained on my second week and so have other
new TMs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back