Archived I think the end is near for Target.

• Thread starter Guest
  • Start date
  • Replies 102
  • Views 12K
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about pay, it's about Target's practices. Eliminate some of these time wasting processes can certainly make everybody's job easier, and that can help a lot to focus on things that actually matters.

Target is definitely focusing a lot on wasting time processes and I hate it! If Target is ending, blame it on the bad practices that's outdated and repetitive and waste too much time!

Top 5 worst of problems at Target

1) Multiple locations of the same product - Like 3-20 locations, causing one or two of each locations to be drastically empty how the hell anyone can keep track of all these locations. A nightmare to set and push any of these locations. And, some of the products look exactly alike but have different DPCIs.

2) Then manager doesn't like empty spots, they will FLEX these spots, despite it has multiple other locations. High ups and the rest of TMs doesn't get that FLEX is not the way to go, it creates all kinds of problems later on. Domino effect!!

Who they think will fix these problems later on? Plano/Pricing/Zoners and definitely NOT pushers from FLOW! What flow TM will do when they see a spot with wrong product, they will just push it into another wrong place.

3)Revisions with dividers and pushers that say 2 hours to do, but takes 6-8 hours to actually do. Target company pay no mind at all the extra time that is supposed to get but they want you to waste all that time move products but add only 3-4 new things in. Ugh! Really? That is so productive, Target!

4) Trash/Baler key is always taken out, no one can do any trash unless they waste time to wait for a LOD to compact it.

5) Overstock Overstock overstock/Flex Flex Flex = CLEARANCE in the end. 100s of them, wasting plano & pricing team's time!

6) Addendum to #2 Flow team don't know what they are doing, and push to the wrong places! Mostly cuz they are not trained very well when they first started or bosses do not care enough to correct their actions.

Consumers are getting smarter, but the company is dumb as hell!

STOP WASTING TIME, TARGET!!!!!!!!! ACT SMARTER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:
If you have the opinion that the store's AE score does not matter to you, maybe you are part of the problem. If your store is full of team members who are giving lackluster performance because they are there just to get paid, there's your problem!!! If they have the entitlement mindset and think they deserve a cut of their leader's checks and bonuses, which their leaders earn by leading the team, there's your problem!!! The AE score determines the size of the pool from which raises are taken, or your store's "merit budget". When the submitted review scores exceed that budget, stores are asked to re-asses the scores downward(never upward) to meet the budget. ETL raises are determined first, then TL, then TM. It all rolls downhill, and if you want to see bigger raises, move up or move out. Raise the bar on your personal performance and outshine your peers to get better raises and noticed for advancement.

Minimum Wage= Minimum Work.

If you want happy TM. PAY THEM BETTER. Just because we are TM we should not be a less priority than the ETL or the TL. Who makes most of the wealth of the store? Is it the STL, ETL, TL, or TM? The TM. We do all the work, but we get our wealth stolen by the owners for the higher up. TM wages should never be sacrificed to keep the top happy.

nnTS89e.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
If you have the opinion that the store's AE score does not matter to you, maybe you are part of the problem. If your store is full of team members who are giving lackluster performance because they are there just to get paid, there's your problem!!! If they have the entitlement mindset and think they deserve a cut of their leader's checks and bonuses, which their leaders earn by leading the team, there's your problem!!! The AE score determines the size of the pool from which raises are taken, or your store's "merit budget". When the submitted review scores exceed that budget, stores are asked to re-asses the scores downward(never upward) to meet the budget. ETL raises are determined first, then TL, then TM. It all rolls downhill, and if you want to see bigger raises, move up or move out. Raise the bar on your personal performance and outshine your peers to get better raises and noticed for advancement.

I've been with the company 6and 1/2 years. I went from TPS to Sr. TPS to APL and I'm a sales floor team member now while I'm looking for a job in my field since leaving APL to go to grad school. I have had this company string me along for over 2 years before i left for grad school saying that ETL interviews were soon. I finally wised up and realized it was purely a carrot on a stick.

While I was in grad school I went back to TPS and worked my ass off at Target. Why? Because my ETL was an amazing leader and I wanted to work hard for him. Now that I'm at a new store I frequently see the closing ETLs sitting in the break room for over an hour eating their takeout from Olive Garden or Applebee's. Why should I work my ass off for their AE if they're not even going to put in any work themselves?

It's not entitlement, it's simple reaction to leadership. Do you carry team members who don't pull their weight at your store? Why should you carry your leaders if they aren't doing their jobs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back