Archived I want to quit so badly..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm literally at my wits end but my fiancé won't let me quit:( He jokes and makes snides comments like when you win the lottery you can quit. I'm actively looking for jobs right now but no one has called me yet. I'm almost getting to the point where I wish they would just fire me that way I could really be let go for good and I could quit. I have normally gotten through the good and bad days but now it's just really gotten to me. What should I do? My fiancé won't let me quit and I keep crying :(
Target is a challenge. I love it and love to live it. People don't understand when I tell them I work at target, they think it's some petty min wage easy job but I've got buddies who do 15 hour shifts in warehouses who don't do half the work I do in 6. You've got to love it to want it. You could always try asking to be cross trained outside of sales floor and front end. Come to logistics where the true fun happens. :D

Do you absolutely know that you guys have hours not being used? Back to school is going on, but I haven't seen any significant increase in payroll hours to go along with it.

Last edited:
Same here & these back-to-school mama bitches are driving me over the edge from crazy to homicidal.

I'm gonna put this as bluntly as possible. Your significant other does NOT get to control your work.
I admit I have somewhat of a "don't quit" mindset for some reason (though I did quit a previous job when a coworker was being racist and shamelessly dropped n-bombs and didn't get fired and my paychecks were always late). But I wold NEVER force that on someone else.
It's one thing to quit just because you don't doing actual work. But if the environment is so hostile that it basically kills you, you need to disregard everything your other half says and get out. Find somewhere better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back