Archived I was denied a raise because of a recent promotion, is that allowed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all,

So last year when I got my review I was told that since I got a promotion a few months beforehand I would not be getting a raise. The promotion came with a pay bump because I was making minimum wage prior to that. Is that allowed? I've consulted a few co-workers including an HR TM and the general consensus is that it's not but I'd like some more advice before going to my ETL HR. Thanks!

You should speak with your ETL-HR because they are two separate entities.

Promotions change your base pay, whereas annual raises are based on performance.

I received a merit increase this year even though I was promoted to TL in January. I would definitely discuss it with your ETL-HR.

Sounds like whoever told you that is just using it as an excuse.
I would certainly discuss it with HR.

I received a merit increase this year even though I was promoted to TL in January. I would definitely discuss it with your ETL-HR.

Can you tell me how that worked since our timelines seemed to match up! Was your review/merit based off of your performance as a TL (the little they had to go off of), as a TM (which is obviously great if it got you promoted), or a mixture of the two?

It's all based on score. If you got Outstanding or Excellent, you'll get a raise no matter what, but if you got ineffective or inconsistency effective, you probably won't get a raise at all.
Hi all,

So last year when I got my review I was told that since I got a promotion a few months beforehand I would not be getting a raise. The promotion came with a pay bump because I was making minimum wage prior to that. Is that allowed? I've consulted a few co-workers including an HR TM and the general consensus is that it's not but I'd like some more advice before going to my ETL HR. Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back