Archived I wish we had a visit soon so we could clean up the damn store!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, I'd love to have my DTL here to get a clue on what team members think. I'd love to have a group leader here...or a regional leader. Our site has a lot of information on it.
Sure some threads are full of complaints, but the majority of our threads are helpful for others.

Also, we've got the recent thread where we've been asked for constructive ideas for helping Spot.

If we don't have any executives here then nothing can change. We (I) have to hope that this site of anonymity is one powerful area for Target. It is the upper level management that we need to have on this site....for they are the real team members that can have a positive impact on our company.

Aren't we a site "for Target team members by Target team members?" Aren't all Target employees team members?
Granted, our CEO probably has never been to this site, but I bet that Leonard Chapman (he was a regional VP...he died last April) was probably one who would be here....and if he did visit our site then he would have the power, skill, and drive to make changes happen.

So please, don't be too negative....you never know when the right person will be here to make change happen.

BTW....Leonard Chapman was quite a great guy. I wish that everyone would have had the chance to have him visit their store....and talk with him. He had already made a difference and who knows how much more influence he could have had if he were still with us.

As I said before, they do have people monitoring this site as well as others. They have corporate people dedicated to monitoring these sites and are very aware of what is being said. They don't monitor to learn things for better processing, they do it because they are paranoid about what appears to be negative publicity. And they absolutely try to figure out who every posting member is and which store they work at.

Good chance they are watching us & target sucks site too. But, they are made aware of store issues that Are sugarcoated by the Stl at some stores. But, we try to offer solutions to issues or better our training of different workcenters. Then it shows up on workbench suddenly.

Here's proof that our site is being read by upper level management......if there's an issue and the solutions mysteriously show-up on workbench....somebody's listening!

It's important to remember virtually just about ALL business partners and DTL's were ETL's at some point. You don't need to remind them how different an "unexpected" visit would be from an expected one-- they understand the ETL's get the store ready for visits, being they were in the same roles earlier in their careers. It's nothing new/surprising. In addition, it is the responsibility of the STL to guide the ETL's and hold them accountable for their work centers. The DTL's and BP's are there to give advise and dig into further detail for the ETL's (and provide feedback to them) to ensure profitability in different departments. The STL can't know everything, that's why there are specific Business Partners (HR, AP, FOOD, ect.) that work with the ETL's to fine-tune the work centers.
AND PS.. for next time, don't throw your LOD under the bus like that.. you're not doing anybody a favor when you tell the HRBP information like that-- The BP/DTL will *ALWAYS* take the side of the ETL. You can completely forget the possibility of moving up within the company when you do that. (No matter how good of a TM you are, without the support of your ETL/HR/STL you CANNOT advance)

Perhaps to you, it wasn't a wise thing to tell our HRBP about the zoning and prep info regarding the LOD telling the group to zone in by eight feet....however, this HRBP is one that I have talked with numerous times and sharing this kind of truth is what needs to happen.

Unannounced visits are the types of visits that keep an STL ahead of their team. The STL should be able to have the store looking very good all the time. Our store has its moments, but we see our DTL on a fairly regular basis so our store is DTL ready 95% of the time.

Regarding the advancing at Target......well, why would I want to advance in a company that doesn't allow TMs to share thoughts? In my book, honesty is more important than the "sugarcoated truth." There are many ways to advance in a company....and while I may not be at Target for my whole career I do want to try to have an impact.

I guess that in the end the answer with this discussion is "to each his own" or "different strokes for different folks."

I'm glad that we're all different.

Thanks though Senior AP, I appreciate your feedback.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back