Archived ICQA Position

Status
Not open for further replies.
So far ISI/NIL labels and location audit reports take up 99% of my time, our warehouse is a complete wreck as accountability has hit an all time low. I go to fix one audit location, and I shit you not there are like 20 other issues in the immediate area. The OM’s are not receptive to our feedback so problems like cartons being “put” and then thrown/hidden in the racking is a daily non-stop occurrence.

Yeah, we have been hiring so many people over the last 2 years that our building is always a mess. I generally find 5-10 strays in level 1+2 locations per aisle when pulling full pallet. Still get the same amount of ISIs I always have as well, so not like the new rework process has improved quality, because we still have tons of TMs too lazy to put strays in the rework bins.

Several years ago when I transferred to warehousing we would do aisle audits where the OMs would check an aisle before and after someone worked in it, so they could find out who is creating strays, or at least who isn't cleaning up their aisles. Kind of wish they would do that again.

The problem is now that the OMs have so much dumb paperwork and reports they have to get done and meetings they need to attend they don't have time to actually run their departments. I remember OMs would take the first half of the shift to check in with team members and just spend a few minutes 1 on 1 with you to talk about stuff. Now we're lucky if they even get an uninterrupted hour on the floor. So now they have to rely on trainers or veterans to do the person aspect of their job.

The problem is now that the OMs have so much dumb paperwork and reports they have to get done and meetings they need to attend they don't have time to actually run their departments. I remember OMs would take the first half of the shift to check in with team members and just spend a few minutes 1 on 1 with you to talk about stuff. Now we're lucky if they even get an uninterrupted hour on the floor. So now they have to rely on trainers or veterans to do the person aspect of their job.
WHich is the reason for the gemba boards. To pass along responsibility to tm’s so they can go to the 4/5 meetings a day.

Somewhere between too many and yet not enough? It depends on the day. But generally there's more than can be finished in a day so they're never all cleared out.

We prioritize based on the day. Its impossible to get everything so we just do what's in the worst shape and go from there. Our boss is understanding and knows we can't get it all done. You're never going to clear all the ISI's or the entire hold report there's always going to be more the next day so when I can I try to research who's causing the majority of them and send feedback to their OM.

I mean at some point we're suppose to be coming up with solutions or process changes to reduce the number of ISIs/holds/etc. So you can always ask your boss to spend time doing that and brainstorm some ways to fix it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back