Delete

Hi I'm wondering if anyone can tell me how Capacity/Consolidations and LTR are handled at your site? My building has been having the wave techs handle these functions but they have been pushing back lately claiming they do not have enough time throughout the week for either/or to be something they can work on or give enough focus to each shift and keep saying that it should ultimately fall under ICQA's scope of responsibilities. OMs have not been able to give a straightforward answer either with which department should oversee these functions and I'm just looking for a little clarity on what the best practice at other FCs is. We do not have a capacity lead or CI OM that I am aware of for our site, just for the DC side of things
What is LTR? My building also doesn't have wave techs. We're only an RDC. We have LWWs assigned to capacity and that's their only job, and they get a team of warehouse workers assigned to work under them for consolidation. The size of the team assigned each day depends on building volumes and the consolidation goals

ICQAs responsibility revolves solely around defect tracking and resolution alongside shortage and overage. They shouldn't be involved in capacity.

At my building the LTR items are handled by the IM team members from warehousing. Along with processing damage and running a few reports for the warehouse clerical.

It's so interesting seeing how the company runs completely differently per building. Our ICQA team is overstaffed as it is so we haven't had any IM/Rework trained tms out of production in a very long time but when they were they only focused on amnesty and CAEs, never LTR, damages or reports. This is neat hearing how the processes are so different!
Amazes me how much we hear about standardizing and still every building does things completely different, and within each building every key does things completely different, and within each key each department does things completely different and within each department each OM or LWW does things differently. Nobody ever knows which set of rules are in play, its just a Fluster cuck every day.

Well, they have to find ways to continue to justify all the LWW and ICQA in each building. That’s why things are so different, some buildings got out of control with merit and backup merit headcounts, and now they are having to find extra work to keep them busy. or give off the appearance of them being busy.

All of our ibps capacity and ICQa just had a group all afternoon long meeting yesterday…. Wonder what that was all about?

Well, they have to find ways to continue to justify all the LWW and ICQA in each building. That’s why things are so different, some buildings got out of control with merit and backup merit headcounts, and now they are having to find extra work to keep them busy. or give off the appearance of them being busy.

yeah i always wondered about that. sometimes theres so many yellow shirts. theres times i'll see like 7 of them standing around together in a mini meeting. and while management is always harping on prod, it's hypocritical.

they have taken some steps. the capacity leads are always working. the backup leads that used to do not much here now do water spider. but i see a lot of loafing in label control. we have 3 often, with one on light duty. when realistically i think 1 could get by. there is a ton of icqa in the racks. sometimes i wonder how sustainable that dept is. you cant lose sight of the big picture, when you have like 1/3 employees being rework in some fashion sometimes it seems like (i know it's way less in reality) something is not sustainable.

plus the mini rack locations are a disaster, trash, wrong product etc. so imo icqa doesnt really do anything. it would honestly be better to just put them fixing and cleaning locations right down the line everyday imo. if i had a job in icqa, i would presume theres a good chance it wont be there in 5 years tbh.

on the flip side from target's perspective, they arent paying leads/icqa etc that much more than regular employees. i think that was the entire point of lww, it was cheap management. and more people to browbeat, track scan gaps etc over prod. one om doesnt have that much time to run scan gaps. multiple lww's do...

Last edited:
yeah i always wondered about that. sometimes theres so many yellow shirts. theres times i'll see like 7 of them standing around together in a mini meeting. and while management is always harping on prod, it's hypocritical.

they have taken some steps. the capacity leads are always working. the backup leads that used to do not much here now do water spider. but i see a lot of loafing in label control. we have 3 often, with one on light duty. when realistically i think 1 could get by. there is a ton of icqa in the racks. sometimes i wonder how sustainable that dept is. you cant lose sight of the big picture, when you have like 1/3 employees being rework in some fashion sometimes it seems like (i know it's way less in reality) something is not sustainable.

plus the mini rack locations are a disaster, trash, wrong product etc. so imo icqa doesnt really do anything. it would honestly be better to just put them fixing and cleaning locations right down the line everyday imo. if i had a job in icqa, i would presume theres a good chance it wont be there in 5 years tbh.

on the flip side from target's perspective, they arent paying leads/icqa etc that much more than regular employees. i think that was the entire point of lww, it was cheap management. and more people to browbeat, track scan gaps etc over prod. one om doesnt have that much time to run scan gaps. multiple lww's do...
You are probably correct with the Lww’s being used as cheap management. That is how they are able to cut om headcount across the network. Now they are changing hours or support om’s. The support om’s I’ve talked to think it’s so they quit.

You are probably correct with the Lww’s being used as cheap management. That is how they are able to cut om headcount across the network. Now they are changing hours or support om’s. The support om’s I’ve talked to think it’s so they quit.
Well they just dropped the Labor Analyst role. Dedicated TM trainer HC took a big hit. Which I think was necessary.

I think what we're just seeing is the new (old) norm. We hit slow season, everyone panics at HQ, and starts downsizing for budgets. Then come the pre summer rush and we'll realize we're understaffed and hire like crazy in August and September. Only to burn HC again come January.

The only problem is people haven't seen this because we haven't at an actual slow season at DCs in years so newer people aren't use to the business having these peaks and valleys.

Well they just dropped the Labor Analyst role. Dedicated TM trainer HC took a big hit. Which I think was necessary.

I think what we're just seeing is the new (old) norm. We hit slow season, everyone panics at HQ, and starts downsizing for budgets. Then come the pre summer rush and we'll realize we're understaffed and hire like crazy in August and September. Only to burn HC again come January.

The only problem is people haven't seen this because we haven't at an actual slow season at DCs in years so newer people aren't use to the business having these peaks and valleys.
We are still hiring, but mostly warehouse associates and seasonals I believe.

The fla going away puts more workload on first shift pc’s (more so b1).

Support om’s hours are definitely less appealing now.

Anyone have an idea of the pay difference from WW to ICQA merit position? Is it worth it? Do you still get bonuses and annual pay raises?

Pay range will probably vary by location. ICQA is level 2 merit. You'll have a yearly review and eligible for a raise and an STI bonus. HR or Workday should be able to tell you the pay range.

Back