Hiring ICQA

What questions do they ask at an ICQA interview?
Everyone stresses over the questions and they are the least important part of the interview. The stories are more important and being able to adapt them to the story.

You need to be able to come up with solid stories to be able to tell at any interview. Think about things you've done with Target or other companies and how or why they would make you a good ICQA team member. The first question is literally "Tell me what skills or experiences that you have that are relevant or make you a good fit for the role."

Look up interview questions online and learn how to use your stories to answer any questions. Or ask your leader to do interview prep with you so you can practice actually interviewing

There was an interesting article by a headhunter who suggested that you lie on these questions.
Not so much lie but to write up a good story to tell that is better than what happened in real life, memorize it, and reel it off.
Make sure it is just long enough (around 4 to 5 minutes) and thorough enough that they won't be asking a bunch of questions.
Make it focused on you and the choices you made rather than anybody else.
And of course, make it realistic and close to the kind of work you will be doing.
The odds are they aren't going to be checking up on it.

Everyone stresses over the questions and they are the least important part of the interview. The stories are more important and being able to adapt them to the story.

You need to be able to come up with solid stories to be able to tell at any interview. Think about things you've done with Target or other companies and how or why they would make you a good ICQA team member. The first question is literally "Tell me what skills or experiences that you have that are relevant or make you a good fit for the role."

Look up interview questions online and learn how to use your stories to answer any questions. Or ask your leader to do interview prep with you so you can practice actually interviewing
I could have a great story for each question, if I knew what questions they ask! Thank you😀

What do they mean by data? Our telzons? What other questions can you remember Im doing this for a second time I remember 3 of them
Sorry, missed this question.
It could be anything, something from NexGen, IMN, a 3D app, DPM, etc.
Like if you came across an assortment box that the DPCI label was ripped off, how could you find the correct DPCI for it? It doesn’t need to be excessively complicated, just show that you understand how to use the resources you know of.

I could have a great story for each question, if I knew what questions they ask! Thank you😀
The point of an interview isn't for you to know the questions ahead of time. If you were interviewing for another company they wouldn't send you the questions in advanced. And the interview questions could change at any time. Knowing them in advanced is 0 benefit to you.

What you need is 4 or 5 solid stories that you can shift to answer any question. One part of my role is interview preparation for people trying to move to next level roles. And I have had to interview for my current and previous role. I only have 4 stories I currently use but I can probably answer any question using them and that's what you need to be able to do.

The point of an interview isn't for you to know the questions ahead of time. If you were interviewing for another company they wouldn't send you the questions in advanced. And the interview questions could change at any time. Knowing them in advanced is 0 benefit to you.

What you need is 4 or 5 solid stories that you can shift to answer any question. One part of my role is interview preparation for people trying to move to next level roles. And I have had to interview for my current and previous role. I only have 4 stories I currently use but I can probably answer any question using them and that's what you need to be able to do.
Thanks @Hal

Back