Archived ID return limit

Status
Not open for further replies.
My previous store I would not vibe as much but now at my new store we are all about it.. -.-

we're all about it whenever it comes up. But after a few days, we stop. Hey, isn't there a way to see how much we give out on returns? Not on the register, but on the My device? I'd love to know some real stats.

The amount of items that get returned and sent to salvage blows my mind. Just dont understand the things that are clearly never opened and go to Salvage after a guest returns it.

The amount of items that get returned and sent to salvage blows my mind. Just dont understand the things that are clearly never opened and go to Salvage after a guest returns it.

I've never been given a straight answer as to where salvage goes. I heard it goes up for auction to retailers, or donated to shelters, or given to Ross or Goodwill, or just thrown away.

we're all about it whenever it comes up. But after a few days, we stop. Hey, isn't there a way to see how much we give out on returns? Not on the register, but on the My device? I'd love to know some real stats.
It just goes against sales but I don’t think there’s a way to access that information through a mydevice

I have seen items with Target salvage tags on them at Goodwill.

I am aware of that but then again I am all about the vibe at times and want to make it right for them.

this is where I’m at. I just accepted a return on an item that was older than 90 days because the guest seemed genuine and I recognized her as a frequent guest (not a frequent returner, though)

i think you can just read someone and determine whether or not they’re trying to screw you. it’s worth bending policy for a positive guest experience as long as the guest seems like they’re being upfront with you and honest.

this is where I’m at. I just accepted a return on an item that was older than 90 days because the guest seemed genuine and I recognized her as a frequent guest (not a frequent returner, though)

i think you can just read someone and determine whether or not they’re trying to screw you. it’s worth bending policy for a positive guest experience as long as the guest seems like they’re being upfront with you and honest.
Sometimes POS will let you go past 90 days.

If a guest purchases $500 worth of merchandise at one store but returns 50% of that to another store, does the return store get the hit?

Similarly...say a $100 gift card is purchased at store A but spent at store B, who claims the sale? Both?

The Salvage items are bought for pennies on the $ to places like Goodwill. That way we atleast make some money on the items. But still a major waste.

Another exception is if they paid with cash and their receipt is clearly dated within 90 days but the barcode is completely damaged as is the VCD and receipt ID then I override the POS and issue a cash refund (that is if fraud isn’t suspected).

If the receipt does not scan and I cannot read the VCD then I do not issue a cash return. I will use their ID for a merch card. EOS.

The Salvage items are bought for pennies on the $ to places like Goodwill. That way we atleast make some money on the items. But still a major waste.
Had a woman once bring in a table claiming she purchased it three days ago at my store with cash. I wasn’t the tm doing the return, but I was at the service desk. The item was salvage, so not in our system, so she denied it. Lady got very mad and wanted her cash back of course. GSTL came over and upon further inspection saw that there was a salvage ticket half picked off, but still there enough to notice it, so we assumed she picked it up from goodwill.

It's not totally outside the realm of possibility she forgot she bought it at Goodwill.

Also not totally outside the realm of possibility that she bought it at Goodwill with the intent of returning it at Target and making a profit. Try to remember her.

Had a guy also try to return a vacuum in the early morning hours with his id and he reached his limit.. explained I could only exchange (this is when I recently got promoted to GSA) and he started going off at me and my guest service team member. STL and STL from another store who was visiting came over and basically told him to GTFO. My STL explained that I was in the right and he should listen to me as I was following policy. What was funny is the “guest” said they always return merchandise like this without an arguments at the *insert target store* and the STL who was visiting happened to be the STL at THAT TARGET STORE and said: “Well that’s funny because I am actually the Store Team Leader or Store Manager at that store and now that I am aware of this I will definitely have a stern talking with my leadership on how to stop these instances of returns.” He completely shut down and looked at the STL with fury and left.

LOL, BTFO

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back