Archived If Amazon buys out Target, will you stick around?

Would you stay at Amazon-Target?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Target would give Amazon a big brick and mortar presence, but it would also give them all of the headaches associated with it. I imagine the cost to fix Target's inefficiencies and to retrofit stores would be gigantic. If they really want the B&M presence it would make more sense to design their own stores from scratch, which they are already doing. Or, they could make a deal that gives them the benefits of B&M without the hassles. Oh, Amazon did that too. They partnered with Kohl

Close Target's DCs and use Amazon's. Would likely be costly to update our in store processes to be on par with Amazon, but the value gained by having 1,800+ stores could be what Amazon needs and is willing to pay for.

Old Navy is only good for their clearance sales. Fuckers charge $38 for a pair of tissue-thin khakis regular price lol
if you pay regular price at old navy you're paying too much lol. online they always have 20-50% off the entire store (right now its 30% off everything), in store they usually have more specific deals (BOGO 50% jeans, for example)

if you pay regular price at old navy you're paying too much lol. online they always have 20-50% off the entire store (right now its 30% off everything), in store they usually have more specific deals (BOGO 50% jeans, for example)
I got a bunch of clothes for 50% off during Thanksgiving from Old Navy. They always have sales.

yup, exactly like I said. I think Amazon is kind of toxic for our economy. They're not as bad as Luxicotta which I think should just be straight up illegal, but Amazon could get to that point. Amazon may one eventually own so many companies and drive any of the remaining stores they don't own to go bankrupt because no one goes to those stores anymore, and then they would truly own the entire retail and online retail market.
did you know Luxicotta operate Target Optical.

did you know Luxicotta operate Target Optical.
Those two ladies do nothing all day.
only get like 2 guests the entire day. Just once I’d like to throw a bunch of reshop all over the optical area. Damn the gate is down again must be another break.

I have worked regular grocery and the margins are razor thin. For Bezos, buying Whole Foods is still a gamble and with him opening cashierless stores and having automated stocking, the outlook for humans in both retail and grocery is slowly dimming. True, it will incentivize us for other (better?) things but until then, no. A Target buyout makes no sense at this time. The investments will be huge.

Target being aquired by Amazon isn’t something that is going to realistically happen in the near futute.
While I stand by what I said earlier about taking steps to leave if it did, upon further thought, I agree with you. If it's brick-and-mortar Amazon's after, well, there are loads of empty big boxes (Kmart and Sears, to name two) that they can remodel to their heart's content. They also wouldn't have merger culture issues to fight if they chose that course. On the subject of mergers, one of that size would also have to be approved, and it may not be. So, I changed my vote in the poll.

Last edited:
i Don’t get why people care so much about amazon buying target ... it’s not like it’s going to change the way the job is done or I just don’t understand the big deal with this

Isn't there a way to organize without forming a union? Why should it work that we pay a middle man to ensure we have basic, decent treatment? How do you go about organizing....but with the intent to update labor laws that benefit everyone?

The 'middleman' is you.
A union is made up of its members.
You vote in your representatives, they are at your command.
However you organize there is going to have to be some kind of structure to deal with management.
Why reinvent the wheel when unions have been fighting this fight since the 1800's?
Oh yeah, because the rich have convinced you they are evil and not to be trusted.

The 'middleman' is you.
A union is made up of its members.
You vote in your representatives, they are at your command.
However you organize there is going to have to be some kind of structure to deal with management.
Why reinvent the wheel when unions have been fighting this fight since the 1800's?
Oh yeah, because the rich have convinced you they are evil and not to be trusted.

Yeah my first hand experience with unions makes me believe otherwise. I'd rather see the laws change.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back