Archived If I just stop showing up how do I get my last paycheck?

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my store hired me seasonally without telling me and so I got a job at a different place with a higher position (my previous employer actually) so that way I can have a steady job and target didn’t give me the days I requested off from the get-go at my orientation when they told me that I could get them off and when I confronted them they told me basically my requests don’t mean shit bc I’m new so I really just wanna do a no call no show because I physically can’t work some of my shifts because I have two jobs and they wouldn’t give me coverage but I’m concerned about getting my last check so if I just stopped showing up would I just be able to walk in and grab it also would I be allowed to be a customer for my store if I did this or would I be banned? I’m so confused thanks

So my store hired me seasonally without telling me and so I got a job at a different place with a higher position (my previous employer actually) so that way I can have a steady job and target didn’t give me the days I requested off from the get-go at my orientation when they told me that I could get them off and when I confronted them they told me basically my requests don’t mean shit bc I’m new so I really just wanna do a no call no show because I physically can’t work some of my shifts because I have two jobs and they wouldn’t give me coverage but I’m concerned about getting my last check so if I just stopped showing up would I just be able to walk in and grab it also would I be allowed to be a customer for my store if I did this or would I be banned? I’m so confused thanks

It would be mailed to you

It would be mailed to you
They didn’t mail me my first check though I had to pick it up yesterday and it was from last Friday so do they just not mail out the first check?

Here is the deal,if you do no call no shows, they will keep your paycheck. Its call “job abandonment” its a federal law that “employers can withhold pay if an employee fails to inform them they no longer wish to work” (USLBR223-SEC34.1)
Grow some fucking balls ,at-least call the store and tell them you quit.
Otherwise you forfeit your pay.

I really just wanna do a no call no show because I physically can’t work some of my shifts because I have two jobs and they wouldn’t give me coverage but I’m concerned about getting my last check so if I just stopped showing up would I just be able to walk in and grab it also would I be allowed to be a customer for my store if I did this or would I be banned? I’m so confused thanks

Don't no call no show. That is even worse than a call off because there is no time to find another person for the shifts. If you want to quit, then just notify the store that you are resigning. This gives the store a chance to replace your shifts so it won't stress out your coworkers.

Yes, you can still come pick up your checks. You don't get banned from a store unless you did something terrible, like assaulting someone for example.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back