Archived If I request off July 1st-July 7th tomorrow will they approve it

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am hardlines and there are like at least 45 other hardlines people, I'm sure they don't need me.

@hardline we don't have mytime yet, also does my request day off days get copied over to the new system?

Obviously for hardlines it's one thing but as a GSA I practically have to use bribes and chicanery along with ritual animal sacrifice (and requesting time 2+ months in advance) to make time off happen, because covering time off is a whole complicated ordeal.

Obviously for hardlines it's one thing but as a GSA I practically have to use bribes and chicanery along with ritual animal sacrifice (and requesting time 2+ months in advance) to make time off happen, because covering time off is a whole complicated ordeal.

When I was GSTL, it was like an unwritten rule that you never call out, and that getting time off or vacation is near impossible. If you don't have a good working relationship with your other GSTLs/GSAs chances of getting shift swapped are slim to none.

In the rare occasion that a GSTL was so sick they had to call out (like deathbed sick) I have had some ETLs utterly shocked and not sure how to cover their shift. One said to me that in their whole two years with Target they've never had one of them call out and didn't know what to do lol.

Yeah, I think we've had 2 GSA/GSTL shift callouts this year, and I've covered both of them by having to work a full day (7:45 AM - 10:30 PM kind of full day). One of them the STL even approved 6.5 hours of OT for it because they had no other options. Generally if one of us is going to call out for other than deathbed reasons, it'll be on a service desk shift where coverage is easier to come by. Hell I became a GSA partially because of a GSTL having to leave early sick when I was a hardlines TM still. They gave me keys and a quick rundown and the Sr TL LOD had to close all the lanes because I didn't even have register access for that.

When I was GSTL, it was like an unwritten rule that you never call out, and that getting time off or vacation is near impossible. If you don't have a good working relationship with your other GSTLs/GSAs chances of getting shift swapped are slim to none.

In the rare occasion that a GSTL was so sick they had to call out (like deathbed sick) I have had some ETLs utterly shocked and not sure how to cover their shift. One said to me that in their whole two years with Target they've never had one of them call out and didn't know what to do lol.

This is the thing I don't understand about ETLs - you would think that they would at least know the basics of how to do everybody's job...so many times I have had to deal with ETLs and TLs who have not a clue what I do. I think if they spent some time training alongside with the people underneath them, they would have a better idea of what we do on a daily basis.

I know the feeling about not calling out - as a signing person, it's like the world ends if I'm not there and nothing gets done because there is no backup for my position. I have to plan my vacations around plano's workload. I look at the adjacency calendar to figure out where the hours will be low enough that I can take time off.

To the OP, you may need to bug your ETL or TL to approve it. I think you might have an extremely difficult time getting it approved since a lot of people like to have 4th of July weekend off. If you see it approved, get it printed out so you can say it was approved.

This is the thing I don't understand about ETLs - you would think that they would at least know the basics of how to do everybody's job...so many times I have had to deal with ETLs and TLs who have not a clue what I do. I think if they spent some time training alongside with the people underneath them, they would have a better idea of what we do on a daily basis.

I know what you mean I "trained" 5 etl's on how to receive the food truck.

Yeah just tried to get July 3rd through the 6th off and it got denied. Kind of figured...just means I have pester the TL who does softlines schedule to get it off...

Why would this even be an issue? July 4th is a slow day for Target. After about 3 in the afternoon our store is a ghost town.

Yeah just tried to get July 3rd through the 6th off and it got denied. Kind of figured...just means I have pester the TL who does softlines schedule to get it off...
i put in for those EXACT days too! lol, i did it back in march since we have MAX and can only go 4 months in advance... its the week before back to school set and nothing major transitions so as far as my work center goes its easy for plano to take that time off.... I dont see why it should be an issue as the dude abides says.... people are at home grilling not shopping at target!

we have max and i took off a huge chunk like 15 days off for my wedding and vacation i got it all approved and i did it in advance

This really shouldnt be a holiday that they deny if you are proactive far enough in advance. Obviously everyone wants it off but it shouldnt be one that if you request that far in advance it should get denied. Like others have said by 2-3pm on the 4th of July its dead anyway.

The only time I have ever seen it be an issue of requesting time off is during the Holidays. That or if you're in a position that is difficult to cover.

MY TIME is glitchy so if you do get it approved do drop suddle verbal reminders to the leaders that do schedules..like "I'm excited to do/see _________ during my time off in july"

Lol I did the 4th till the 13th and it was approved thank god, I didn't wanna miss the world cup final game

Sadly I tried to request the 3rd, the 5th and 6th off, both requests got denied. Turns out the two SLTL work today so they get the fourth off and most likely get the weekend off as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back