Archived if not spot...then where!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I had an interview for one after my interview for Target, but Target offered me a job first so I canceled the interview. The phone interview was a lot more casual than the one for Target.

I have heard the best things about Lowes and Costco but have no first hand experience working for either of them

Best Buy is supposedly like Target. Just expanded fast, and now falling short. I remember seeing tons of BB employees working now I only see a handful all over the store.

I have heard the best things about Lowes and Costco but have no first hand experience working for either of them
My husband works for Lowes part time. They do pay better. He started at $10/hr and is now making $12/hr. So far they haven't taken away his insurance but they don't do their enrollment until June. I've heard that Costco is really good to work for but there isn't one close to me.

A buddy of mine left Target for Lowe's and never looked back.

Another left for Costco, and he really enjoys it (produce at Target to tires at Costco).

Anyone have any more info about Lowe's? Is the structure similar to Target in terms of departments/teams/etc? Anyone ever work at an IKEA? Particularly redoing the floor displays, etc?

i have had a bad taste in my mouth since Lowe's fired an overnight manager and hired three part timers to do the work instead. his " job" was eliminated.

Anyone have any more info about Lowe's? Is the structure similar to Target in terms of departments/teams/etc? Anyone ever work at an IKEA? Particularly redoing the floor displays, etc?

One of my old coworkers went to Lowes. She told me she still preferred target, even though they screwed her over completely in every sense of the word.

Walmart lol jk
Its hard to get anywhere in retail without a degree, plus its lame anyway. Try and get a real job in a office.

One of my old coworkers went to Lowes. She told me she still preferred target, even though they screwed her over completely in every sense of the word.
I knew many people who worked at Lowes. They kept people to shifts of less than 4 hours to avoid having to provided state-mandated breaks they would have to give for employees working 4 hours/day or longer. They also could avoid meal breaks, and other benefits. Cross train? Never happen, or at least not so you could pick up more hours. You could know every workcenter in the store, but they will kept most of the folks there under 24 hours/week. Lowes was more tight-fisted than Target long before Target started down that path.

My husband has been working at Lowes for the past year or so. It was his second job but now with social security it's his only job. He works 8 hrs Fri, Sat, and Sun. No problem with breaks or lunches. He's part time but has been offered full time. Can't do it with the ss. Oh, and they get an hour for lunch.

I've heard bad things about Old Navy and Best Buy but I don't have first-hand experience.

If you don't like the vibe, stay away from Macy's. It's like the vibe x ten. You have a sales goal for each shift (whether you're in a commission dept or not), everyone has a weekly "Star Rewards" card goal. Idk why they call it star rewards. It's a credit card. If you repeatedly miss sales goals and card goals, you do a special manipulation training. I quit the day before I had to go to my first one, so Idk what it was like. But everyone in my dept was sooo shady to get their sales. Like, they'd be arguing over customers. A girl "stole" one of my customers once because I wasn't hovering by the fitting room when they went in and I just dropped it. I'd always help people and then just walk away instead of trying to keep them through the end of their shopping trip.d I couldn't deal with being so fake to get sales. They almost turned me into one of them. I remember trying to convince a woman to buy a lacoste polo instead of one of the macy's in-house brands.

They paid better than Target, though and give decent raises. They hire pretty easily. Just have to mention their brands, and project runway, maybe (Idk if they're still actually working with PR, but if they are, it'll work). If you're good at selling things, it's a good option. They give 20 minute paid breaks and lunch was an hour. I guess an hour lunch isn't really brag-worthy since you're not paid for it. Macy's customers are nicer, too.

Lowe's seems to have a good reputation.
Home Depot seems to be very inconsistent.

Remember...as Hardlinesmaster has said "not every Target is the same."

However, Costco is a fabulous company. They always rank very high in any listing that you see. Happy employees, great pay, high retention rate, great perks....and you never seem to hear anything besides great things. Too bad there aren't more Costco stores around.

Lowe's isn't much different really.. just a different type of zoning and such... maybe not as much politics, but its still there sorta

Lowe's seems to have a good reputation.
Home Depot seems to be very inconsistent.

Remember...as Hardlinesmaster has said "not every Target is the same."

However, Costco is a fabulous company. They always rank very high in any listing that you see. Happy employees, great pay, high retention rate, great perks....and you never seem to hear anything besides great things. Too bad there aren't more Costco stores around.
Costco is very hard to get into even when they are around lol.. (extremely low turn over)

Lowe's isn't much different really.. just a different type of zoning and such... maybe not as much politics, but its still there sorta
My husband works at Lowes and they have a lot of politics at his store.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back