If you have an opportunity to leave Target, do it now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
if someone could pass on the info to me too, i'm a flow tl at an o/n but have been hearing some rumors coming down from above.

Welcome to The Break Room all you first time posters.
As you can see this is the place to find out whats going at at Target.

Good point Softlines Owns My Soul.
We have folks from Spot looking over our shoulder all the time.

Someone please PM me the changes. I need to see if I need to make a major change soon and don't want to screw myself.

I understand that I may not have many posts on here, however, I have lurked this site for the majority of my tenure at Target. Please let me know if I may need to find employment elsewhere.

I understand that I may not have many posts on here, however, I have lurked this site for the majority of my tenure at Target. Please let me know if I may need to find employment elsewhere.

This ^ I feel like I'm in the same boat. I was even considering going back to school to potentially move up into the corporate world one day...but with how a lot of things have been going lately. I'm quite unsure of such a move. The idea was to hang tight with this possible new TL position + school. Now I'm considerably worried..

I think things are going to be bad especially since this security breach fiasco isn't helping consumers trust Target. If sales are already down from last year imagine what the expectations are going to be for the upcoming year plus all the costs that are going to come with fixing the breach and public image.

Don't suppose I could also get a PM about this? I'm currently on the bench at my store, and if the cuts are as bad as I'm imagining, then I'll double up my efforts to find other work.

I feel as if this thread is bringing up a lot of anxiety that doesn't necessarily need to happen. From what I've seen, the sky will not fall, and some people may be working a bit harder. Especially for the TMs, the changes aren't that great. I would really encourage everyone to take a deep breath and see what the upcoming weeks bring.

Yeah I don't think the sky is going to fall either, we've survived the cuts before... Don't see why not now.

Is anyone getting the pm? And Retail Girl is most likely right. We do need to take a breath and see what happens in the next few weeks. Lets hope its not as bad as we imagine.

I was told by my ETL that it's pretty unlikely that they would be getting a bonus this year, raises will be crap, and they're cutting ETL and TL positions. We currently have 3 TL positions open at my store (just happened) and they pulled all the openings until the first of the year so we know where we stand and who has to be moved around. I of course close our next TL meeting but I'm going to cancel my outside of work meeting and drive in for it. Don't think I want to miss this one.

Any chance I could get that pm as well?

After getting the details, it doesn't sound abysmal, but also not particularly desirable in any way.

I was told by my ETL that it's pretty unlikely that they would be getting a bonus this year, raises will be crap

They shouldn't get bonuses until everyone gets bonuses (although to be fair, ETL pay sucks as much as TL and TM pay, relative to the requirements of becoming an ETL and the work load.), and even in a good year, raises suck. I'd make more, and get higher raises at the wal-mart down the street. :|

Last edited:
Curious as to how this will play out... I know I've had both my direct ETL and my STL approach me asking if I was interested in development for a TL position (within the past week). I doubt it's as if they hadn't heard of this already, although I'm sure this is news for many. Maybe they're already looking to clear house a bit and make room for new people? :wacko:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back