I'm a New Seasonal Hire - Need Help

ETL-HR did most scheduling at my store in the past, not sure who does now.
I believe part of modernization was that the SD was suppose to have a greater hand/total control in scheduling. I think they're allowed input from ETLs and HR but essentially, the buck stops with them. At least that is how things have worked at my store since last year.

Does anyone know WHO actually makes the schedule?

It depends. At one point the TL's wrote it and the ETL keyed it in. Then the ETL's wrote it, mine does this now. But for a while the STL wrote the schedule and it was a shit show, only upstaged when the ETL HR wrote the schedule. She straight up ignored just about everything and her TM's had to do a lot fixing.

I will say that our HRTM's are pretty honest about it being a part time gig. We get lots of kids cause they can't seem to afford adults who you know need the job to pay the rent. My area it's just being real, Target pays pocket change when your competition is big software and Amazon..

It depends. At one point the TL's wrote it and the ETL keyed it in. Then the ETL's wrote it, mine does this now. But for a while the STL wrote the schedule and it was a shit show, only upstaged when the ETL HR wrote the schedule.
Yuuuup. It was super enlightening to see how little my SD knew about the various areas of the store. When my store switched over from the Log ETL making the flow schedule to the STL, we had one truck last year where we literally only had 2 TMs scheduled for unload because they knew nothing about inbound.

I'm new at Target, cashier, probably seasonal, but asked for 40 hrs. So far, I've gotten 33, 29, 29 and NOW just 12; what's that about, does anyone know?

Other than a few weeks in November and December you rather likely won't see 40 hours, or even 30. They pretty much lie to get you to take the job, but they don't intend to give you 40 hours each week between now and early January.

I was scheduled for 12 hours as seasonal. I went to my ETL and asked what I was doing wrong. I got Cross trained and or on 40hrs. They ended up being me. Be vocal. Work hard.

Back