Archived I'm confused.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let me start off by saying hello.

I've been with Target for almost 3 years now. I'm currently a flow team member and I've always enjoyed the fast pace and the friendly team but our team lead seems to have had better days. Their attitude changed around the same time last year leading up to the big shopping season. I've chalked it up to stress. But I remember last year when I got sick I had to call out on a couple shifts. Both occasions I got a bad attitude and a bad tone. It made me feel pretty terrible because I didn't mean any harm by it. I had called out once early this year too. I believe it was in January. Still the same tone and attitude.

At least four co-workers know what I'm talking about but they've shrugged it off. One in particular had a bad burn on his foot and had a doctor's note saying he would have to take a full week off which he did. When he came back she gave him the silent treatment the week he came back. Thankfully he's feeling much better now.

I recently took on a second job because there are not enough truck hours for me to make some of my bills still and I thought it was very fair considering our truck days are Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays. My second job has their truck days on Tuesdays and Thursdays. The day of my interview I told my team lead that I was going to put in for an availability change and it would effect my Target hours too much. I put in for the availability change that day which was two weeks in advance. The new schedule for two weeks out came out and they scheduled me for a Tuesday. I went to my team lead and HR rep and they both told me nothing could be done since the availability was auto-denied. They made it sound like it was my fault. I had told someone I was putting in for it. On top of that they said I have loyalty to Target. This is the first I've heard of anything like that. Needless to say I have a better chance keeping my Target job of 3 years as opposed to my new job of two weeks. I will have to call out on this up-coming Tuesday and am not looking forward the the attitude I'll probably receive. I just am not sure it it's right for them to give me an attitude when I gave them all the notice I could about this new job and they didn't do their part and are angry with me for it.

Thank you for listening.

From what I've heard, TLs have next to no involvement in scheduling and availability stuff now, it's all in the ETLs' hands. So maybe go back and try again but making sure the ETL-HR and ETL-LOG know you're submitting the changes and make sure you get a yes or no answer.

That's some shitty treatment by the TL though. Maybe they're still going through some stress, but still.

From what I've heard, TLs have next to no involvement in scheduling and availability stuff now, it's all in the ETLs' hands. So maybe go back and try again but making sure the ETL-HR and ETL-LOG know you're submitting the changes and make sure you get a yes or no answer.

That's some shitty treatment by the TL though. Maybe they're still going through some stress, but still.
There was a problem early on where they were telling team members that they couldn't simply call out. They had to show up, prove they were unable to make it to their shift (aka prove they were too sick to work) or that team member would be written up and counseled.

There has been a number of problems with my store. A few have been reported via Hotline by fellow team members but all in all I'm just looking to tackle things one problem at a time.

I did speak with ETL-HR and she was the one who told me I have loyalty to Target first and foremost so I need to put priority over my Target shifts since I've been there longer.

Funny how your HR is preaching loyalty to Target first & foremost while they reduce your hours making it necessary for you to seek a second job.
Tell them you would be GLAD to be loyal to spot if they are willing to give you the hours you need.
Loyalty comes at a cost.

I'm sorry your leadership seems so petty. :( At this point I don't think it'll be a mystery to them the reason when you call out, so I'd put any shifts they assign you on your other job days up on the swap shift board just in case and then just keep resubmitting availability changes. Talk to any ETLs you feel comfortable around and see if they have advice on how to escalate this to the right person in your store.

Good luck.

The day of my interview I told my team lead that I was going to put in for an availability change and it would effect my Target hours too much. I put in for the availability change that day which was two weeks in advance.

Availability changes are only supposed to be approved by ETLs or HR. You should have went to them.

While I hate auto denies. Putting in your availability right before the dead line and not speaking to an approver is not my fault. I am too busy to check ehr every 30 minutes.

Availability changes are only supposed to be approved by ETLs or HR. You should have went to them.

While I hate auto denies. Putting in your availability right before the dead line and not speaking to an approver is not my fault. I am too busy to check ehr every 30 minutes.
The thing is when I spoke to my ETL-HR last she told me I needed to tell my TL about the schedule change because according to them that's who needed to know but in the future I'll tell my ETL-HR and see if that solves any future issues.

Quick update on the situation.

They failed to approve my second availability change despite my giving both HR reps notice like I was instructed to do. I went ahead and put it in again and left a copy of the change in their mailbox along with keeping my own copy in case they lose it (accidents happen). Furthermore it looks like they are not scheduling me on Tuesdays when we have trucks. So I think they're at least making the effort to fix it. For that I'm appreciative and thankful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back