Im locked in my store help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty sure they wave their right to leave the building or something so there’s no Need for a key carrier but I do agree it’s odd they can be in the building without a key carrier but two target TMs can’t.

Yep it’s just liability and risk mitigation. If the vendor gets hurt in the store, it’s the vendor who’s responsible for the bills

That happen to this one electronic guy and they kept the TSC door unlocked from the inside so he was able to get out. But the LOD who closed that night ended up getting out on final notice

To people saying I should fight to get payed for that time i was locked in I won’t. It was only 4 hours im not that money hungry to open up a Pandora’s Box. The only part that annoyed me in all this that the LOD couldn’t hear me knocking on the door when I could still see him. But he didn’t since he was at the bottom of the escalator. When the morning person arrived he didn’t even bother to ask my name. I just told him a quick explanation and actually laughed a bit about it. So honestly I rather move on and forget this ever happened it wasn’t that horrible i just spent the time in the break room with the tv on using my phone. That being said if I get fired for this it would be pretty fucked up. I made a mistake by using the restroom on my way out and no one ever told me that the store was fully locked down.

To people saying I should fight to get payed for that time i was locked in I won’t. It was only 4 hours im not that money hungry to open up a Pandora’s Box. The only part that annoyed me in all this that the LOD couldn’t hear me knocking on the door when I could still see him. But he didn’t since he was at the bottom of the escalator. When the morning person arrived he didn’t even bother to ask my name. I just told him a quick explanation and actually laughed a bit about it. So honestly I rather move on and forget this ever happened it wasn’t that horrible i just spent the time in the break room with the tv on using my phone. That being said if I get fired for this it would be pretty fucked up. I made a mistake by using the restroom on my way out and no one ever told me that the store was fully locked down.
Best practice is they pay you or they pay you. You were locked in against your will so they must compensate you for that time.

I am currently writing this from within the store i work at. The LOD was leaving and so was I. He didn’t notice that I went into the restroom quickly and then when i walked out I noticed that the store was locked and that I could only see them at the very end of the stairs. I tapped on the door but he didn’t hear me and now I’m locked in and have to wait till 3:30 for someone to show up. Its only me and the cleaning crew.
How is the cleaning crew there with no supervision? That’s highly unlikely that an lod or maybe a overnight team is not in the building.

Nope they are locked in by themselves. Been through this where the morning LOD didn't show, Flow team locked out, cleaning crew locked in.

Flow team locked out? One of the Flow leads should be a key holder no?

Yep it’s just liability and risk mitigation. If the vendor gets hurt in the store, it’s the vendor who’s responsible for the bills

They can’t wave shit to leave anywhere . They can not exit the building without alarm codes just like they can’t not be in the store without a key holder. They are a third party company while on target property therefore target will be liable if one slips and fall but no one there to file a incident report

Again there is litteraly no one in my store from 11 PM to sometimes 5 AM. Except for the cleaning crew. I know it sounds crazy to believe but its the truth. Also i sould mention that my store has no ETL right now. The new one won’t show up for a few days the old one is quote “no longer with the company”

Pretty sure they wave their right to leave the building or something so there’s no Need for a key carrier but I do agree it’s odd they can be in the building without a key carrier but two target TMs can’t.

Cleaning crew are not a vendor . They are a third party company that your store contracts with. Just like steritech

Again there is litteraly no one in my store from 11 PM to sometimes 5 AM. Except for the cleaning crew. I know it sounds crazy to believe but its the truth. Also i sould mention that my store has no ETL right now. The new one won’t show up for a few days the old one is quote “no longer with the company”
This was regular practice in all stores until about 15 years ago. Cleaning crew worked overnight alone every night. That’s why we all have stories about them having sex on camera, stealing on camera, etc.

You will not get fired. You should get paid for the time. PSA, when trying to make noise knocking on a glass door, use your keys. Nice and loud.

It is the lod’s Responsibility to do their due diligence in making sure the team is gone before leaving. At a minimum that includes a call on the walkie, a call on the overhead, and checking off TMs on the grid as they clock out. It’s not that hard.

That is very stupid lol call the hotline

At any business... call the local police NON Emergency number. They likely have contacts for the stl, etc.

Cleaning crew that get locked in are likely insured, bonded, etc against liability. It's not all cleaners, just certain levels.

At any business... call the local police NON Emergency number. They likely have contacts for the stl, etc.

Cleaning crew that get locked in are likely insured, bonded, etc against liability. It's not all cleaners, just certain levels.
That's who I called, I was new and couldn't find the emergency contact list so I called them and they called corporate who then called my ETL and he came back and let me out. I should have hung around since we had an early morning crew at that time that started coming in a little while after I got out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back