Archived I'm out!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I gave more than 2 weeks notice. Done. Not missing it one bit. I considering shopping one last time tonight to use the discount, but I just wanted to get the hell out of there.

It just got to be too toxic. If you want to work me like a manager, you'd better pay me to manage.

User was warned for this post.

Last edited by a moderator:
I still like to read about Target on this forum. But if you don't regularly shop at your store on your days off, avoid going to your store. (At least that's the impression I get from most people.)

I'm responding to Ear.

I guess I need to quote the previous post for youse to capish?

tenor.gif

I take it whatever was said was not appropriate? The original post @OneGoodEar? Apparently it was removed by a moderator? Anyhow, congrats @SoCalMama. I would say don't be a stranger, but now since you are leaving the company, I don't know if you have time for us still part of the plantation. :D:p:D:p

Update.
I walked back into a 2.7% @ 55 government retirement plan.
Excellent Health insurance for the entire family is paid for. I pay about $30 a month for my portion, since I opted for the whole family coverage.
Set schedule. One weekend of overtime a month.
Every major and minor holiday is paid. If you have to work, you get 2.5 times pay for every hour.
Everyone is nice to each other. It's a bit odd after dealing with crazy guests and a couple of crazy TMs too.
I stop by the store a couple of times a month. So many of the good TMs quit. A lot of my friends are still there though, so it's nice to see them.

Update.
I walked back into a 2.7% @ 55 government retirement plan.
Excellent Health insurance for the entire family is paid for. I pay about $30 a month for my portion, since I opted for the whole family coverage.
Set schedule. One weekend of overtime a month.
Every major and minor holiday is paid. If you have to work, you get 2.5 times pay for every hour.
Everyone is nice to each other. It's a bit odd after dealing with crazy guests and a couple of crazy TMs too.
I stop by the store a couple of times a month. So many of the good TMs quit. A lot of my friends are still there though, so it's nice to see them.

Awesome!

What is a 2.7% @55 plan?

If you left on good terms with your store (few people do) then shopping there isn't a huge deal. Although, AP might be suspicious that you're trying to get a TM discount and/or some favors.

Most people leave on bad or strained terms so to go back and shop at the store feels as if you're rubbing it there faces. They also don't want to risk you convincing anyone else to quit.

I'm sure there are many other reasons but those seem the most obvious to me.

Awesome!

What is a 2.7% @55 plan?

It's the retirement formula.

Your Retirement Calculation CalPERS uses three factors to calculate your retirement benefit
Service Credit (years) X Benefit Factor (% per year, age) X Final Compensation (monthly, dollars) Final Compensation ($) = Pension/ Unmodified Allowance ($)

So for example, if I decided to retire at 55 years old, and assuming I had 10 years Service Credit then.

10 x 2.7= 27.5%
Gross $5500 a month at retirement

Gives me $1512 per month for life.
I also have Social Security and another pension and a 457 account.

The new retirement formulas are closer to 2% at 62 years. More years to work for less per month.

15 years is 40.5%, so around $2250 a month for life.

A lot of my coworkers are retiring at 103% of their salary, so they make more retired than they do working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back