Inbound jobs

It’s just 1 job, receiving. Unload, count, receive, stage, repeat. In ART it’s broken down that each person is only responsible for 1 part of the process, but you’ll rotate through them so you know each.
There are other things certain inbound TMs do like process damage, problem area (handle exception freight), sweeps (store returns), etc. but that’s all voluntary stuff once you’re good at the core job. Then there’s Leads and problem solvers which are “promotions”.
Trying to break down each role I’d probably be typing for 3 hours and you’d just end up lost.
I think it’s the department that has to think the most (outside of merit roles) and has the most variety as far as what you’ll do on a given day, but I’m probably biased.

Your question was answered in your other thread.
https://www.thebreakroom.org/threads/what-kind-of-job-could-i-be-working-if-i’m-under-the-inbound-department.26629/

*try to run that machine

it’s been a nightmare and can’t get the throughput necessary for busy times.

lol, I’m not privy to the inner workings of it, but to an outsider it looks like it works well, for something new at least. Even ART only ran at about 50% of what it does now when it first started though, it’ll get there I’m sure.

lol, I’m not privy to the inner workings of it, but to an outsider it looks like it works well, for something new at least. Even ART only ran at about 50% of what it does now when it first started though, it’ll get there I’m sure.
I was told they can only get 55k through a shift. Maybe that’s because things aren’t switched to ole pick, idk. But that doesn’t bode well when our drops have been 140k a day during “slow” times.

Back