Injury from backroom horseplay

So a TM had an injury that required an ER visit and maybe an overnight stay.

There is supposedly video of him and the other TM too.

IMHO both these TMs are pretty useless.

The injured was supposedly quitting anyway but I had heard he had changed him mind BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.

Thoughts?

Last edited:
I whacked into a jailer or is it jailor, a few years ago and got a really nice deep shin cut. I went to a local Emergency Medical Center place and got stitched up with a tetanus shot. Piss test too. Too much Ovaltine and a nuance of ginger snaps showed up.

I whacked into a jailer or is it jailor, a few years ago and got a really nice deep shin cut. I went to a local Emergency Medical Center place and got stitched up with a tetanus shot. Piss test too. Too much Ovaltine and a nuance of ginger snaps showed up.
What's a jailor?

Some stupid ass bitch took down one of the display strollers and managed to loosen the carrier portion. When I picked it up to put it back on the chest high shelf and tilted it to get the back wheels on (being short sucks) the carrier portion that was well above my head at that point fell full force on my bad shoulder in the worst spot. No pee test, though I know the TM with me was interviewed and the camera footage was reviewed.

We had a back room guy who got lit up frequently on some form of adult beverage, all the time. Came in one fine morning to do the truck at 4am and found the motorized pallet jack parked outside, on the sidewalk left there overnight with the key still in it. Cheers! Have another round!

That TM with the horseplay injury is apparently coming back to the store!

This is our store's thinking:
  1. rehire him because he was in the process of quitting before his injury
  2. ignore that he was a terrible worker
  3. disregard the huge medical bill from his horseplay injury
  4. train him now as a cashier but don't allow him the backroom.
  5. show the rest of the TMs that Target will hire anyone warm with a pulse.

Last edited:
I like #4.
Just train him as a cashier and stick him up front.
You can even say it's so he won't get injured further.
Keep a close eye on him, of course.
Odds are he won't last.
Or he might do just fine.
Some people do better in a more tightly regimented environment.
Less chance for them to do something stupid.

I like #4.
Just train him as a cashier and stick him up front.
You can even say it's so he won't get injured further.
Keep a close eye on him, of course.
Odds are he won't last.
Or he might do just fine.
Some people do better in a more tightly regimented environment.
Less chance for them to do something stupid.
Yup i find this to be solid logic! He can't hurt him self at the lanes. Well cant hurt himself as easily as riding a pallett jack

So a TM had an injury that required an ER visit and maybe an overnight stay.

There is supposedly video of him and the other TM too.

IMHO both these TMs are pretty useless.

The injured was supposedly quitting anyway but I had heard he had changed him mind BEFORE THE ACCIDENT.

Thoughts?
I’ve seen pictures from back rooms. Even from my own region. SAFTEY FIRST. Then we will talk about $24 an hr

Last edited:
Update Target hired back the OTHER TM that was involved in the horseplay who as useless as the other one.

Neither of these two were allowed to come back to my department.

So Target's logic is you can hire back terrible workers but if you don't put them back in the same department all is fine. 🤔

Could be some other department wanted them back and pushed hard.
These two TMs never worked in any other departments and we were with Target six months or less.

Since they left with two weeks notice they are re-hirable apparently.

They just put one of these TMs back into my department against my TLs objections.

Way to support your management team Target!
Sorry to hear that. ASANTS, but unfortunately a TL’s objections won’t keep a TM out of a department if senior leadership wants them in there. TLs don’t have much say in anything, really, it’s not the position of power that Spot wants people to think it is. TLs are just there to get the work done, take the blame if anything goes wrong, and keep their mouths shut while doing it. The support most TLs get from management would be lost in a gnat’s eye.🙁

Back