Archived Instock Team Going Away in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
question - when did instocks start? ie - when was the team introduced/rolled out to all stores?

So March 1st is this week. Is there any update on this? Is instocks really going away?

I don't think the whole team is going away but rather the responsibilities will be cut back. If there is an announcement, I expect it by March 12th.

By the way, I've noticed the original poster has not signed in since he left his message. Hm.

This is my ULV (by definition):

STL-GE
ETL-HL/SL
ETL-HR
ETL-AP
ETL-LOG
ETL-RX

SR TL-HL (going away with AE12 on my chart)
SR TL-CTL
SR TL-SBUX
SR TL-SL

TL's:
Guest service (we will be gaining one with AE 12 on my chart)
Backroom
Flow
POG
Pricing
HL

Wait, you don't have a GSTL yet? Who the heck runs the front??

This is mine:
A+ volume P-Fresh:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-HL
NO ETL-SL
ETL-LOG
NO ETL-Replenishment-- What the heck is that anyways?!
ETL-AP
ETL-Rx (2- one full and one part time)

SrTL-Hardlines (2)
NO TL-HR
GSTL (2, and 2 GSAs)
NO TL-Food Service
TL-Starbucks
TL-Hardlines
TL-Softlines
CTL
TL-Instocks
TL-Backroom
NO TL-Flow
TL-Pricing
NO TL-Plano
NO TPS

annnnd supposedly we're a B+ volume store.

Wait, you don't have a GSTL yet? Who the heck runs the front??

This is mine:
A+ volume P-Fresh:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-HL
NO ETL-SL
ETL-LOG
NO ETL-Replenishment-- What the heck is that anyways?!
ETL-AP
ETL-Rx (2- one full and one part time)

SrTL-Hardlines (2)
NO TL-HR
GSTL (2, and 2 GSAs)
NO TL-Food Service
TL-Starbucks
TL-Hardlines
TL-Softlines
CTL
TL-Instocks
TL-Backroom
NO TL-Flow
TL-Pricing
NO TL-Plano
NO TPS

annnnd supposedly we're a B+ volume store.

Wow.... your missing some KEY people for an A+ volume store. An ETL-Replenishment is strictly over the flow team and truck process (Usually overnight). Whose running your Plano Team? Our store would be screwed if we didn't have a PTL. I'm the only one that knows enough that could run it but Ive got tons of other stuff on my plate. I just was thrown Half of C & D sides and I'm a pricing Team Leader.

Yes. It's under salesfloor best practices. There's also an updated PTM best practice. Instocks was updated last month, PTM in December.

Do you happen to know what they changed for instocks? I'm on plano all week so I won't have time to check this out for a bit.

Not to sound scarcastic but its April and the Instocks process is still going strong. Whoever wrote this post can you please verify your source? Or is this for certain dist, stores, group, etc.

Obviously it's not going away...yet. On another Instock-related topic, anybody heard when stores that are doing the "Stand Alone Research" only pilot are finishing with the pilot? My store has been doing it since last July, so we're coming up on nearly a year...

Not to sound scarcastic but its April and the Instocks process is still going strong. Whoever wrote this post can you please verify your source? .

What I find interesting is that the OP has not signed on since he made that post. The only changes I have noticed is that there are research batches on the weekends on some during the week. For example, reseach the whole store on Sundays and seasonal research on Fridays.

Also, the ending time for the instock team has changed from about 3 to 11:30.

Erm.. well nobody's posted in here in a while, but Instocks is in fact here to stay. Starting in the June software update, all teams will be going to research only, and outs will be done away with.

Just an FYI!

My ETL said its not happening at our store, and she said thats crazy! if your having 2600 piece trucks and you doing a push all. Its gonna be more payroll waste, bc FLOW/Backroom would be there longer!

It's True. March 2012 instocks team work will transition to logistics process. This will save the company payroll $.
Our store has stopped instocks process(STL/DTL approved). Not sure how exactly how flow team will pick up this workload
but I've heard trucks will be push alls and anything left over will be back stocked. We are purging all aisles in back to compensate the lack of scanning but our salesfloor is already showing a lot of empty depts. AE12 will have the specifics. Announcents in Jan/Feb - instocks team goes away in March.
Honestly when you think about it the instocks team (aside from PTM) is just a bridge between human and system error.

Erm.. well nobody's posted in here in a while, but Instocks is in fact here to stay. Starting in the June software update, all teams will be going to research only, and outs will be done away with.

Just an FYI!

Have you heard if the research schedule stays the same? Will this change recommended staffing? Where did you get this information?

Have you heard if the research schedule stays the same? Will this change recommended staffing? Where did you get this information?
I'll have to go back and check the email, but I believe the research schedule stays the same... although I thought I remember something about every aisle every day. Anyways, it was a company wide email sent out about two weeks ago to the stores that were testing out doing instocks using Stand Alone Research only. I'll look back into it tomorrow to see if I can scrape up some more details.

"The Research-only process will roll out in the In-stocks task list, leading teams to Research every aisle every day, during the upcoming Spring Software Release on June 4-7."

Looks like its all aisles every day!! This outta be fun!

"The Research-only process will roll out in the In-stocks task list, leading teams to Research every aisle every day, during the upcoming Spring Software Release on June 4-7."

Looks like its all aisles every day!! This outta be fun!

All I have to say is better some efficient (fast and accurate) people scanning; and have more people scanning because the research application is slow versus the outs one.

I'll have to go back and check the email, but I believe the research schedule stays the same... although I thought I remember something about every aisle every day. Anyways, it was a company wide email sent out about two weeks ago to the stores that were testing out doing instocks using Stand Alone Research only. I'll look back into it tomorrow to see if I can scrape up some more details.

Are you saying that this will only be for the pilot stores or is it all stores? I am currently the only one on my "team". It doesn't look like they are in any kind of hurry to add anyone (they actually do schedule another tm to scan 2-3 days per week, but then pull that person to the backroom and tell them not to worry about switching their work center) and my average task list is between 4-5 hundred per day with 75-90 rigs in the list. I'm dying - or being set up for failure. Leaning toward the latter, in all honesty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back