Archived Instock Team Going Away in March

Status
Not open for further replies.
At our store, which is low volume, the ETL Logistics is currently supposed to oversee Pricing, Presentation, Instocks, and Flow/Backroom.

I never understood why Instocks went to logistics... They need to switch it around so Plano goes to Log and Instocks goes to HL... This makes sense in O/N stores because the plano team is overnight too and instocks is dayside (but the ETLs over those areas are opposite of their teams?)

Really? what volume are you? just curious...

In Org chart 1 stores the ETL Logistics oversees Flow, Backroom,Instocks, pricing, and presentation. However my store is rather unique since we have an ETL-Ops so he oversees pricing/food ave/GE. On another unique note, plano takes ownership of signing and ad setup as opposed to the PATL, and the PATL takes owmership of the instocks team as opposed to our backroom TL.

OPS overseeing food ave/ GE.. Don't you have an ETL GE for that

Im in an Org chart 1 store (high risk) SO we get an ETL-Ops, ETL-HR, ETL-AP,ETL-LOG, and ETL-Sales floor for our exec headcount. Technically in org chart 1 the STL has the GE responsibilities but with an extra exec since were high risk he takes those.

Interesting, I haven't seen the high risk store list in a bit but from what I remember its all High Volume High Risk

Hmmm, you don't have many execs elandora....

Heres a look at my stores head count:

STL
SrETL Merch
SrETL Food
ETL Hardlines (2)
ETL Softlines
ETL Food (2)
ETL Replenishment (2)
ETL Rx
ETL AP
ETL HR

Total of 13

TLs

Price Accuracy
InStocks
Domestics
H&B/Small Appliances
Electronics/Hardware
Seasonal/Mini
Grocery
Softlines (2)
GSTL (3)
HR
Backroom (1 day and 1 o/n)
Flow (2)
Presentation
Food Ave/Starbucks
Deli
Bakery
Produce
Meat
Dairy/Frozen
FDC
Toys/Home Improvement

Total of 26 One of the O/Ns is a Sr

Last edited:
For comparison, here's my B volume P-Fresh

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-LOG
ETL-HL
ETL-SL/GE
ETL-Rx

Sr. TL - SL
Sr. TL - HL
Sr. TL - Flow

TL - Plano/Pricing/Key Carrier
TL - Backroom
GSTL
GSTL
CTL
TL - HL
TL - HL
TL - HL
TL - Food Service
APL

A+ volume P-Fresh:

STL
ETL-HR
ETL-GE
ETL-HL (2)
ETL-SL
ETL-LOG
ETL-Replenishment
ETL-AP
ETL-Rx (2)

SrTL-Hardlines (2)
TL-HR
GSTL (2+interviewing 1, also 5 GSAs)
TL-Food Service
TL-Starbucks
TL-Hardlines (2)
TL-Softlines (2)
CTL
TL-Instocks
TL-Backroom (2 - 1 dayside, 1 O/N)
TL-Flow (2)
TL-Pricing
TL-Plano
TPS (at least 2)

ETL-LOG oversees pricing and presentation? thats odd.....

Who else would oversee them? I always wondered which ETL was in charge of Pricing and Plano.

First store:

-STL
--ETL-HR
--ETL-HL
---1 PlanoTL
---1 HLTL
---1 Sr-HLTL
---1 Sr-CTL
---1 InStocksTL
--ETL-GE/SL
---1 PATL
---1 FATL
---2 SLTL
---2 GSTL + 2 GSA
--ETL-LOG
--- 1 FlowTL (Key Carrier)

I'm still working out the roster of my new store, but I have 2 ETL-HL, 3 Flow TLs (1 Sr, 2 key carrying), 1 Sr-HLTL, 1 Sr-GSTL, 5 GSAs with 1 more opening, a HRTL, and an Electronics TL.

A friend of mine from a local special store had a bizarre amount of TLs and ETL for it's volume (low B, but it was two stories)

STL
ETL - HR
ETL - AP
ETL - Rx
ETL - HL (3)
ETL - SL
ETL - Logistics
ETL - GE

GSTL - 3
Plano - 1
GSA - 4
HL TL - 5
SL TL - 3
Flow TL - 1
Instocks/BR - 1
PATL - 1
Consumables - 1
Electronics - 1
Starbucks - 1

Two of the TLs were Sr and One was key carrier, apparently there was going to be talks about getting an ETL OP but that fell through.

I never understood why Instocks went to logistics... They need to switch it around so Plano goes to Log and Instocks goes to HL... This makes sense in O/N stores because the plano team is overnight too and instocks is dayside (but the ETLs over those areas are opposite of their teams?)

Instocks is listed in most places as a salesfloor team, but the backroom tl is also our tl. It makes more sense to me to be logistics since we need to ensure that counts are correct, we pull our PTM's, work the backroom detail report, and partner with plano and pricing for planning transition remerchandising.

WTF @ 26 TLs!!!!!!

mine (High B Volume):

STL
HR
GE
RX
AP
HL
SL
LOG

TL:
Food
HL (2)
SL (2)
GSTL (2)
Food Service
POG
PA
LOG
Flow
RX

Instocks is listed in most places as a salesfloor team, but the backroom tl is also our tl. It makes more sense to me to be logistics since we need to ensure that counts are correct, we pull our PTM's, work the backroom detail report, and partner with plano and pricing for planning transition remerchandising.

Instock's should have always been a Sale floor function and overseen by sales floor ETL's. It should be a check and balances type thing to the logistics team. The reason it's over seen by logistics is that the push for the truck and the back stocking is so critical to that process. If their is a TON of push and a TON of back stock you can't accurately shoot research. It is easier for the BRTL to oversee because they know what areas are effectively completed (i.e. push and back stock.). Atleast thats my logic behind it.

This is my ULV (by definition):

STL-GE
ETL-HL/SL
ETL-HR
ETL-AP
ETL-LOG
ETL-RX

SR TL-HL (going away with AE12 on my chart)
SR TL-CTL
SR TL-SBUX
SR TL-SL

TL's:
Guest service (we will be gaining one with AE 12 on my chart)
Backroom
Flow
POG
Pricing
HL

The head counts are pretty interesting, but can we please get back on topic on what is going to happen to the Instock team and processes? Thanks. :)

Instocks Process

Hey all, I currently do instocks on weekends at my ULV store and I was just wondering, when do you think our STL or ETL-HR whoever will be letting us know how each store will be affected by the new change/update on how we do instocks at each store? I've been itching to ask my STL about it so I could see how it might affect our ULV store but should I?

Love this site too btw!!

Our STL just had a meeting this morning with all ETLs and SR TLs and said how the leads are gonna help shoot research for their areas(we still have
Instocks hours) but i think this could be the transition into saying bye to the instocks team in our case

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back