Archived Instocks changes coming...again

Status
Not open for further replies.
A lot of our salesfloor hours went to Plano:(
In what stores or when or how did the hours go to Plano ? I'm on Plano and I'm getting 8-12 hours a week. We are not doing SP's at all. My TL is pretty useless so maybe that's the issue but my Plano team isn't doing much lately.

It was part of ae14 changes. From another thread:
As for Plano taking on adjacencies, I think this will be accomplished by moving SL Brand TM's to the Plano team and basically having them continue to set adjacencies. I was told that plano is allocated hours based on setting the entire Adjacency calender themselves, but if so then why has every store I've ever worked in had SF TL's and TM's setting salesplanners and adjacencies???? Free labor for Plano team!!!! I agree with moving this workload to the Plano TL, as it should eliminate several people ordering shelves for new sets not knowing they were ordered by 3 others. Now as to the SF TL headcounts, I see an opportunity for AE15 if salesplanners and adjacencies are moved to Presentation TL. Some of these cuts are actually needed and beneficial. People who are performing should not be concerned. Those who are not meeting their current core roles or are unable/unwilling to blend into their new core roles successfully will likely exit the company by September. Target changes all the time, being resilient and adaptable is a core leadership dimension, and you wonder why??? AE is why!!!! Roll with the punches or get the boot!!!

This has been my argument. How can plano have so many hours they can give up hours to pricing for instance, but HL gets 20 hours for 238 salesplans. Seems that plano has too many hours to begin with.

... What? Plano has "too many hours to begin with?" I'd love to work at that store. My POG hours come from the Adjacency hours where they combine Home Planograms and Revisions, then subtract 15 hours. And my signing team member gets 16 hours. The Adjacency hours are under "Softlines" in the Adjacency Calendar and we allocate "Softlines" hours for that, along with whatever hours our Softlines TL works. And the ETLs are out there doing salesplanners with the SFTLs (you have to be hands-on in ULV), as well as smart-huddling them to my teams. All this talk about the POG TL getting the hours now to do salesplanners? I haven't been getting and adequate number of payroll hours to do my workload in the two years I've been in position YET so I don't foresee that changing. This change is great for the salesfloor, and I get that, but it sure sucks ass if you're a POG TL. :p

I went from 37 to 29 hours.my etl has not shared any of this to instocks
I do not have a TL, found info out on my own

The new BP is on workbench. We start on Monday and actually had a team meeting to discuss the changes. We had a great laugh when they told us that they wanted us to have 6 scanners on a Sunday. We only have 3 IStm! Our hours were cut to 95/week, but they want to increase the number of people scanning. Those hours did not take into account working the PTM task list (at our store that means that the aisle looks newly set when finished), working the drastic count report or the store specific ad guide or putting up substitution signs. We will be required to do 4x4 walks and to push the IS batches. This will be interesting.

Have you ever wanted to sit down with your STL when they start talking about what the new expectations are and go OK well here are mine. More money since my work load has now increased, 40 hours so I can get everything done and as a bonus some extra help at the front end so I don't have to back up most of my day. Then sit back and watch them laugh. Then I would go now you know how I feel about your new roll out. Oh well I can dream.

The new BP is on workbench. We start on Monday and actually had a team meeting to discuss the changes. We had a great laugh when they told us that they wanted us to have 6 scanners on a Sunday. We only have 3 IStm! Our hours were cut to 95/week, but they want to increase the number of people scanning. Those hours did not take into account working the PTM task list (at our store that means that the aisle looks newly set when finished), working the drastic count report or the store specific ad guide or putting up substitution signs. We will be required to do 4x4 walks and to push the IS batches. This will be interesting.

6 people on a Sunday? WTF? If we have two people on a weekend one gets stolen to work whatever project the LOD has in mind. The other gets stuck doing everything. And 95hrs, we can't function at anything under 130hrs and that is the bottom, no PTM and we can push our batches and maybe get subs up. Drastic count? Maybe if we are really lucky. We are playing it by ear on what drops on our first day in our task list.

With the new system you're only researching 3 days a week. Stand alone outs on non dotted outs the rest of the time, so it's much less scanning overall.
More hours are supposed to go to sales floor for 4x4s.

With the new system you're only researching 3 days a week. Stand alone outs on non dotted outs the rest of the time, so it's much less scanning overall.

We are doing huge amounts of stand alone scanning, cause our flow team somehow doesn't push a lot of things.. So we catch that and get it out. And 4x4's those are a joke, between the poor person doing back up and reshop they are not zoning much.. We end up zoning most of the store so we can scan, cause closers are not zoning at night(I know in talking with TL's). And flow pushing lots of things incorrectly.

Yes you have to follow the task list that generates each day. Not sure if one will generate for the outs scans or not, I would imagine it would to insure nothing is missed.

Thank you for your reply girl dance, sigma, rare, and bosch
Will there b a task list to follow in the pda

Why we are playing it by ear, not sure what will drop. If nothing does I would keep checking back as you stand alone so if say a list of rigs drop you won't get caught short on time. In case a list drops much later.

One thing to remember when grey dotting is that you only grey dot items with zero OH, regardless of whether there are BR locs or not. We spent this week pulling all previous grey dots so that we start fresh with the new system. This will require actually reading the screen after each scan.

This might be the dumbest rollout I have seen in years. 3 days of task list driven research and two of them are truck days. No scanning till your truck is worked and backstocked. So that will pretty much be 1 day of research for most stores if you follow the program. You are supposed to scan all of hardlines in 1 day. 4x4 walks followed by outs scans, who exactly will pull and push these since they drop as non priority EXF batches. Somehow the 4x4 walks are supposed to super zone the whole store then you bring an army of non instocks people to to do count adjustments. My guess is after 2 weeks the count adjustment reports will be so big that your APBP will shut research down because their numbers will skyrocket. Honestly this system was designed by people who do not want stores to do any research, so Canada stores won't look so bad because our stores will have shitty instocks too.
What would have made sense was to drop a whole store task list every day and let stores decide where to scan based on their needs with all the filters in play that the task list provide. Do 4x4's in areas where zoning is always an issue(toothbrushes for example) and lets your instocks team focus on larger areas where zoning isn't an issue. I like the dot idea, it forces you to concentrate on out of stocks with no dots that probably require count adjustments to be made which is what an instocks team is built for. Any team member could key zero on dotted out of stocks for the purpose of label drops if you don't believe in the auto replenishment idea( which this system counts on).
The bigger issue our company has created is the balance between shortage and having merchandise to sell our guests. If you zero out three misplaced tubes of toothpaste because the home location is empty and no backroom location exists and you find them the next day what has actually occurred. Well you ordered a case pack of toothpaste to fill the home which will arrive soon to sell to your guests. In between that time you have 3 things of toothpaste to sell until this happens. What you have not done is create shortage. Only someone in the dying AP pyramid would view this as a negative store consequence. Not only is this not shortage, you have extra toothpaste to sell because they are in fact in your store. That is the reality of how this effects a store as an is stocks issue, it solves it in favor of selling merchandise.
As a count update dollar shortage issue it accumulates on a report, along with count updates done for theft, mispicks corrected and merchandise you need to update that never was received by your store that was acknowleged by your DC as being sent on a truck. All of this adds up on a weekly basis and can look very scary if they are real loses to the company in dollars at the store level. Now lets be honest here, I have not seen a rollout where stores make any effort to catch mispicks or challenge their DC's for merchandise they were charged for and never received. As a company we see these issues as simple reporting errors, we still have the merchandise in a DC somewhere so its not a financial loss to the company. Correct it at store level and move on, it gets fixed when your store does a physical inventory at the end of the year.
But have an instocks team member make an count adjustment error and the suddenly the company is on the verge of collapse, so stop trying to fill your shelves with the process you have to do it. This is the only area AP people can show any results on store shortage outside of DC error and theft. Ask yourself what a vendor area would look like if we made them account for every bag of chips every week or they could not bring any new stuff in the building because thats what our store shelves look like now. Does this new rollout create error free count adjustment in stocks? What you'll have is even less scanning being done than whats occurred over the last six months, just run a pull types report and you will see how much drop off has occurred.
Until someone high up in HQ wakes up here we will basically become like Big Lots, just throwing whatever shows up on a truck someplace and remerchandising it, losing sales because you never have the items people want to buy because thats the items missing on your shelves and your making no effort to get them back in stock. Read any business analyst you choose comments on whats happened in Canada and US stores and they say the same thing, we have terrible instocks at our stores. So about the rant here folks, but I just listened to our corporate earnings webcast and I guess I wished someone would have said this there were it actually would have gotten someones attention that isn't drinking the kool aid.

We are doing huge amounts of stand alone scanning, cause our flow team somehow doesn't push a lot of things.. So we catch that and get it out. And 4x4's those are a joke, between the poor person doing back up and reshop they are not zoning much.. We end up zoning most of the store so we can scan, cause closers are not zoning at night(I know in talking with TL's). And flow pushing lots of things incorrectly.

yeah the flow team is probably begin told, if they are like the one I get to deal with, to get it done now!!!!, now!!!, in fact it should have been done 5 minutes ago!!! yeah so of course they are going to get creative with the placement of certain items. and you better believe the challenge is going to be pretty wicked. ooh and that challenge will only show up if the backroom folk actually back stock it in STO and not SUBT……

bloody 'ell went on a rant again didn't I?

yeah the flow team is probably begin told, if they are like the one I get to deal with, to get it done now!!!!, now!!!, in fact it should have been done 5 minutes ago!!! yeah so of course they are going to get creative with the placement of certain items. and you better believe the challenge is going to be pretty wicked. ooh and that challenge will only show up if the backroom folk actually back stock it in STO and not SUBT……

bloody 'ell went on a rant again didn't I?

Yep, which I get, but when you get case packs of boxers/briefs that are all cut open and the 4ft section is empty I don't really care why its empty. They should have pushed it. But I know why they didn't, they couldn't read where it was supposed to go, cause that section was empty and there were no pictures to read. Yes we have team members who can only push to pictures, so imagine the errors that happen when you push to pictures..

Don't get me started on their back stock, well pulled a huge amount of hanging assortments yesterday when we worked the NOP report. How they back stocked soft lines hanging is beyond me! I know they are using SUBT any cheat they use it, halfway don't blame them but come on..

And a list of 122 rigs dropped today and a huge amount of those were for batteries.. Which we never scan, to many locations and capacity issues.. This is the one area we actually use EXF batches.. Two of us team up and actually walk the side/end caps and do a running total then we pull what we need then fill it.. I still ran stand alone batches through baby(food, diapers) chem, some of market and toys.. Batches were huge..

Target just kind of rolled out 4x4's and said just get them done... There is not much direction on when to execute them or who should be doing them. I have read all the BP and FAQ's on workbench and the information is minimal. I am also confused how they have decided to put most of a single area into a single day (So Mondays is mostly Market) but the schedule is guest driven. There is no more payroll on a Monday than a Tuesday, yet they are supposed to do 4x4's throughout the department? It is utterly confusing.

Target just kind of rolled out 4x4's and said just get them done... There is not much direction on when to execute them or who should be doing them. I have read all the BP and FAQ's on workbench and the information is minimal. I am also confused how they have decided to put most of a single area into a single day (So Mondays is mostly Market) but the schedule is guest driven. There is no more payroll on a Monday than a Tuesday, yet they are supposed to do 4x4's throughout the department? It is utterly confusing.
My store just changed the 4 x 4 routine according to the new schedule from HQ. HBA is on Mondays. Market is Tuesday. It's all hands on deck to get it done, LOD uses all resources to get it done.

My store just changed the 4 x 4 routine according to the new schedule from HQ. HBA is on Mondays. Market is Tuesday. It's all hands on deck to get it done, LOD uses all resources to get it done.

This only makes sense to me if you research HBA on Tues and Market on Wed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back