Archived Insurance for Expensive Electronics

Status
Not open for further replies.

NewCashierLT

Working for Target today and tomorrow
Hey guys, I just posted a question but I have another question so I hope you don't mind.

I am a cashier and I noticed that there was a small pamphlet/leaflet detailing insurance for electronics such as tvs or microwaves. Do any other cashiers have experience offering insurance for expensive electronics while working as a cashier?

I assume that the exact cost of insurance for these items depends on what store you work at, but do you have any suggestions for what to tell a guest who will buy these kinds of electronics? With the holiday season starting, I assume that there will be many guests who will buy these kinds of electronics.

Hey guys, I just posted a question but I have another question so I hope you don't mind.

I am a cashier and I noticed that there was a small pamphlet/leaflet detailing insurance for electronics such as tvs or microwaves. Do any other cashiers have experience offering insurance for expensive electronics while working as a cashier?

I assume that the exact cost of insurance for these items depends on what store you work at, but do you have any suggestions for what to tell a guest who will buy these kinds of electronics? With the holiday season starting, I assume that there will be many guests who will buy these kinds of electronics.
ASANTS at my store we only use them if a guest asks— it’s only happened to me once at GS, never on the lanes since most expensive stuff is bought back in electronics.

You should actually always tell guest about them. Attachment rare applies to the whole store not just electronics team members.

@Kaitii or @pinkp2ie are actually electronic tms I was told there are different rates for portables, home items and one other category

There's rates for portable, home items, and t.vs (also phones but mobile handles that)

In electronics the registers prompt it but not up front. You guys aren't """required"""" to ask but hey man it helps us like us getting red cards helps you guys.

Portable electronics covers accidental damage and general malfunctions and is for things like headphones, laptops, tablets, etc

Home tech is speakers (even portable bluetooth ones iirc), kitchen appliances, etc

T.Vs is...t.vs

In general malfunctions are covered, accidental damage is only covered by portable electronics

If the guest is buying a 4k t.v it includes delivery

Square Trade (the company that we contract for the insurance) has an app where you can register your products and file claims through it so it makes things super simple which gets the interests of guests sometimes

the inside of the pamphlets has the rates and what it covers

a guest also has 30 days to add insurance if theyre still thinking about it, some have actually come back for that so it's good to mention if they say they dont want it rn

Last edited:
There's rates for portable, home items, and t.vs (also phones but mobile handles that)

In electronics the registers prompt it but not up front. You guys aren't """required"""" to ask but hey man it helps us like us getting red cards helps you guys.

Portable electronics covers accidental damage and general malfunctions and is for things like headphones, laptops, tablets, etc

Home tech is speakers (even portable bluetooth ones iirc), kitchen appliances, etc

T.Vs is...t.vs

In general malfunctions are covered, accidental damage is only covered by portable electronics

If the guest is buying a 4k t.v it includes delivery

Square Trade (the company that we contract for the insurance) has an app where you can register your products and file claims through it so it makes things super simple which gets the interests of guests sometimes

the inside of the pamphlets has the rates and what it covers

a guest also has 30 days to add insurance if theyre still thinking about it, some have actually come back for that so it's good to mention if they say they dont want it rn
Something i found about the 30 days to add insurance is that for TVs, or well maybe any product in general is that the serial number is too long for the register. My TL and obviously the LOD had no clue how to fix it so we sent them to buy it online.

Something i found about the 30 days to add insurance is that for TVs, or well maybe any product in general is that the serial number is too long for the register. My TL and obviously the LOD had no clue how to fix it so we sent them to buy it online.
Huh, I've never had that problem

I would scan the protection plan, when it asks if it's for a previous purchase I hit yes and I scan the receipt and that's about it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back