Archived Internal promotions

Status
Not open for further replies.
i have been seeing a lot of internal promotions recently. I have tried to find a recent thread on this but, does anyone know if they re-check backgrounds? Or are internal promotions done differently? I know during 2013 i ternal promotions were unheard of but how about now? If an ETL is on the bench after passing interviews do they THEN check background? Thanks in advance!

AE is all about shady internal promotions without letting the whole team play along...no idea about background checks, sorry. But if you are on the bench and did something that could drastically change your background check....come clean to your etl-hr before they do one and find it?

I got promoted at my store but only from TM--> TL and they didn't redo my background check. I'm not sure about higher positions. It also may depend on how long ago you had one done though.

We are learning that positions are being posted online without ever being posted in store. Is this a thing?

Internal promotions...whats that. I never heard of Target of having such things.

In the last years of my former store, I applied for a number of positions. Never once was I interviewed, or in fact, any other internal TMs interviewed. 9/10 were filled by external hires. The only position filled by an internal was for the GSA, and she was given the position. No other TMs were interviewed.

Spot seem to go through cycles where for a little while they decide internals are a good idea but that never seems to last very long and I'm not sure why.

I honestly think it stems from leadership. I rarely or almost never saw any internal promotions with my former STL but when we got our current STL, we had multiple people internally promoted, me being one of them. One of the stores in my district has a horrible culture and as such morale is down and they don't believe in internal promotions sadly. I firmly believe it has to do with leadership.

Since I've had my current STL I've had two TMs get promoted to ETL. To answer the question though, I've always been told that the only time they redo background checks is when you go up for AP or Pharmacy. I think I saw it on workbench too.

My store does promote internally, but we still seem to prefer externals. One of our SFTL's got promoted to ETL-REPL, one GSA up to GSTL, GSTL to Sr. GSTL, and a few internal AP promotions.

I'm sure there's plenty of HRTMs, HRTLs, and I KNOW there's at least ONE HR-ETL that constantly post on the forum that should be able to help answer this question.....

I'm sure there's plenty of HRTMs, HRTLs, and I KNOW there's at least ONE HR-ETL that constantly post on the forum that should be able to help answer this question.....
Thanks @cobycord! We need an answer my husband went thru identify theft and he is afraid that going thru the background check would bring up explaining that difficult process. And what had hppened because of the identity theft. He has been with company 11 years. Any help would be appreciated.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I can't really say for ETL hires. My gut tells me it won't be re-ran however. We don't re-run someone for promotions elsewhere and I imagine an internal to ETL isn't any different.

Sorry I'm late to the party. I can't really say for ETL hires. My gut tells me it won't be re-ran however. We don't re-run someone for promotions elsewhere and I imagine an internal to ETL isn't any different.
What about assessments and stuff like that? @sabria

I was just reading over the job requirements for the administrative assistant to the DTL and it said
  • Coordinate and schedule internal/external candidate second interviews with Store Team Leader (STL)/DTL; prepare salary quotes, process pre-employment paperwork, submit internal background checks and ensure all external new hires are initiated and hired through the application tracking system (TAS).
Not sure if that's for AP positions or not but just saying.....

Well he will have tonpass that bridge when he gets there. Having to deal with identity theft is a hell of a thing. Its hard to "prove" that you didnt do certain things and having that all brought up in a background check is awful. He passed his interviews, he got a date for business college but is that it? Thanks either way guys! Having this forum is really comforting. Thanks again.

I was an internal etl hire and the first thing they did was run a background check, could not start training with out it .

UPDATE: No word yet and my husband is worried. He mentioned that his STL still hasn't gotten word about passing assessments or background (he didnt even sign concent orpermission to rerun a background check) BUT they had already told him that his final Day is March 4 and starts BC the following week Really???? So what does that mean? He hasnt gotten a job offer or salary talk so why would they tell him that? I work at a Target too but im a TM but I would feel awful being told I was going to leave but then not pass and having to stay and answer all the awkward questions. He even said that his replacement is already in training! Why would spot do this? Is internal promotion always this weird? Any further insight would be appreciated and thanks for all those who helped us!

I was an internal etl hire and the first thing they did was run a background check, could not start training with out it .
I've been told that HR and AP are the two positions that people's background checks get rerun for because of all the sensitive information they handle. Bu when I FIRST got hired at Spot my HR told me that the only thing that red flags on checks are: violent crimes, theft, murder, and something else but I forgot.

I have to hire for another job that I have. Background checks are run on each and every applicant and they do not move on in the process until a positive check is returned. Many companies run not only a background check but also require a credit check, assuming that if you cannot manage your finances you cannot handle the job.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back