Archived Interview - birthday cake question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lol, if you seriously have to ask if you drank the koolaid you probably did. Actually think about the question being asked and how corny/silly it is.

I admit it's the special Olympics equivalent of an interview question. But vomiting? They're asking you a simple interview question, you're not being asked to lick the dried cum off of a horse's ass.

That's, uhhh... Oddly specific...

Lol, if you seriously have to ask if you drank the koolaid you probably did. Actually think about the question being asked and how corny/silly it is.

I admit it's the special Olympics equivalent of an interview question. But vomiting? They're asking you a simple interview question, you're not being asked to lick the dried cum off of a horse's ass.

The koolaid is still fresh in you, young one!

;o

The vibe situations they post in our break room come across as so over-the-top as to be absurd.
I'm giving great service, not bonding with them for Heaven's sake....
I agree. I can see how they think this is a good idea on paper, but it all comes across as very forced. Its one thing to maintain small talk if the person is talkative and stuff, but all the "amazing moments" examples come across as being a bit borderline invasive.

Last edited by a moderator:
Honest take. I think it's a question on the interview to weed out the "bottom-feeders" who can't even tell you how to ideally help a guest.

Honest take. I think it's a question on the interview to weed out the "bottom-feeders" who can't even tell you how to ideally help a guest.

Probably. Honestly I don't think the question is bad at all, its just the expected response that they are looking for.

The whole amazing moments and sharing moments bull**** is just plain corny and stupid.

Why they can't just tell us to provide great guest service is beyond me... You'd think they think we're 10 years old the way they teach us how to interact with guests.

That's, uhhh... Oddly specific...

Like you never needed 20 dollars in a hurry...

The vibe situations they post in our break room come across as so over-the-top as to be absurd.

"Work can be Fun, or it can be not so fun. Choose Fun"

"To be respected, be Respectful"..

Those are the only ones I remember..

"Work can be Fun, or it can be not so fun. Choose Fun"

"To be respected, be Respectful"..

Those are the only ones I remember..

I remember one that said, "Be flexible" and had a picture of a stick guy bending over on a playground. I thought it was horribly appropriate and inappropriate at the same time. I mentioned it to our ETL HR and that sign was removed.

I remember one that said, "Be flexible" and had a picture of a stick guy bending over on a playground. I thought it was horribly appropriate and inappropriate at the same time. I mentioned it to our ETL HR and that sign was removed.

What a killjoy.
We all had a great time with the Be Flexible one while pretty hating on the rest.
It took weeks for the before the ETL HR got a clue.

We can came up with a few of our own by shuffling them around.

"Work can be fun, if you are respected. Too bad that never happens.

The way I answered it was that you take the guest to the item. Then while offering them great guest service you try and build the basket at the same time. Do you need napkins, plates, or ice cream? Have you picked out your present yet? Really trying to extract as much info out of them without seeming nosy while still trying to build their basket. You want to make Target one-stop shop so they could buy everything they could possibly need for the party plus more! You want them to think they are the most important person on the planet!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back