Interview I canceled on workday before the cut off date

Today my OM came up to me and said …
“your interview will start earlier than planned today. Go ahead to admin. ‘
I’m like…what interview I canceled that on workday almost a month ago… it says no longer considered for the position.
is this normal…or am I so awesome (lol) they pulled me up in hopes I would interview for the position?

Today my OM came up to me and said …
“your interview will start earlier than planned today. Go ahead to admin. ‘
I’m like…what interview I canceled that on workday almost a month ago… it says no longer considered for the position.
is this normal…or am I so awesome (lol) they pulled me up in hopes I would interview for the position?
What position?

They probably know who they want to hire but they have to do a certain number of interviews.
You are filling that role.
Think of it as a chance to practice.
It will give you a chance to work on you skills so that when you go into a real one you will be ready.

In a related matter companies are requiring more and more interviews for potential hires.

Companies have always dragged out the hiring process because they act like you are not applying anywhere else.

I am 58 and have always thought more than three or four interviews for a job is a big red flag.

In a related matter companies are requiring more and more interviews for potential hires.

Companies have always dragged out the hiring process because they act like you are not applying anywhere else.

I am 58 and have always thought more than three or four interviews for a job is a big red flag.

They are also listing jobs that don't exist.

"Sometimes they leave listings open with dreams that the perfect, unicorn candidate might apply.
Other times they might post jobs to pacify their exhausted employees and demonstrate that they are indeed at least trying to hire more help."

That's some kind of bullshit.

They are also listing jobs that don't exist.

"Sometimes they leave listings open with dreams that the perfect, unicorn candidate might apply.
Other times they might post jobs to pacify their exhausted employees and demonstrate that they are indeed at least trying to hire more help."

That's some kind of bullshit.

In the past I have always been suspicious of job postings that list ten or more bullet points for qualifications needed.

Reminds of a woman once that of her dating qualifications was someone who played golf!

In the past I have always been suspicious of job postings that list ten or more bullet points for qualifications needed.

Reminds of a woman once that of her dating qualifications was someone who played golf!
Is that so unusual though? I assume she loved golf and she wanted a partner who did as well.

Limits your options for sure, but it's not that far-fetched.

Is that so unusual though? I assume she loved golf and she wanted a partner who did as well.

Limits your options for sure, but it's not that far-fetched.

I have a friend who put "Must Love Roller Derby!" in her profile but that was because she was on a team.
The 'get to know you question' in my oldest daughter's profile was, "What would you bring to my group if there was a Zombie Apocalypse?"
It worked, she's in a great relationship with the guy who had the best answer.

Last edited:
Back