Archived Interview today?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Who's interviewing?

I have one interview today. Another online next week. And my sister linked me another for a position in the city where she lives. Might stay at Target. Might not. Nice to have some options regardless.

Who's interviewing?

I have one interview today. Another online next week. And my sister linked me another for a position in the city where she lives. Might stay at Target. Might not. Nice to have some options regardless.

I submitted my resignation and put in a few applications. Waited a week and didn't hear anything back. Contacted a staffing agency and got placed somewhere making near double what I'd been making at Target with a consistent schedule and opportunity for OT. I then received calls from the places I initially applied to. Oh well.

Target will not think twice about screwing you over. Find another job that will treat you better.

Who's interviewing?

Apply to the place @ntauctions is working, you will make double what Target pays you, and people will be calling you left and right, like begging you to work for them.

Apply to the place @ntauctions is working, you will make double what Target pays you, and people will be calling you left and right, like begging you to work for them.

My point to them was that staying w Target makes you blind to other opportunity out there. In my state base is pretty near close to the minimum wage so finding a job that pays the same or more than Target without the headaches is fairly easy to do. Obviously a state where base is double the minimum it might be a little trickier to do but the jobs are out there. I know of 5 former TMs who were like the OP who were on the fence on leaving or staying but all made the choice in the past couple months to go. None have regretted their choice to leave.

To the OP, put your name out at a few staffing agencies and (at least the ones around here) they will put you at a company sometimes the next day. Work a job and if you like it there's a good chance you'll be hired on. If you don't like it they can find you another position.

The job I interviewed for has a modified Panama shift for 3rd shift. 3-2-2 and 2-3-2. Not sure I can pull that schedule off.

To the OP, put your name out at a few staffing agencies and (at least the ones around here) they will put you at a company sometimes the next day. Work a job and if you like it there's a good chance you'll be hired on. If you don't like it they can find you another position.

I can't afford to just quit without another job. Do staffing agencies usually provide work reliably day to day?

The job I interviewed for has a modified Panama shift for 3rd shift. 3-2-2 and 2-3-2. Not sure I can pull that schedule off.

I can't afford to just quit without another job. Do staffing agencies usually provide work reliably day to day?

There are many around here. One provides temp staffing. You register with them and they call you the day before or morning of when they need help. I've been on assignments that we're one day to one week. Often times the company will hire you on permanently after you've been a temp w them for a certain period of time. You can ask if the position is temp or temp to hire.

I worked for a temp agency. I started off calling every day to see if there was a job, no guarantee, and it was light manual labor like banquet staff. Once I established a good record for showing up, like a month, they started temp to hire positions. However in my case temp to hire never resulted in permanent employment but I also left with four letters of reference because the lack of hire in three jobs was due to someone high up deciding they needed a different position created instead of bringing on an accounting/administrative clerk and the fourth was long term temp, not temp to hire. I did have a manager from one of the light labor jobs I was at a few weeks call me after the 3 months no-hire period wanting to hire me directly, but I had already found another job elsewhere.

It did bolster the resume though. Because of the several long-term assignments I had a solid two year job history instead of bouncing around. Most of that was accounting/administrative, which is nice for directly landing a cushy office job. And I had specialty experience in several fields which opens the door to a lot of "experience required/experience preferred" jobs. I actually used that to get a job that I had no experience in, because I used it to say I could pick up new information/skills really, really fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back