Inventory 2022

Found out our inventory is 2 months out. So preparing involves fixing errors everywhere correct? SFC and SFQ throughout my regular section are consistently out of whack. I do 1:1 s daily and backstock most of it. Becoming a mix of dread and angry.. How is that fixed?
At least you're preparing...

We did ours shortly before 4th quarter I believe. So we should be in the clear for a while. But the inventory is out of whack.
Just remembering now, I think we've done it around Halloween time the past couple years. Which is not a good time for it, it's busy from laggards doing back to school shopping, Halloween section is a mess, and Christmas shopping starts ramping up.

I can't seem to find a list of what's in the assortment box. Just a list of assortment boxes but not what's inside.

@Go2TL Did you figure it out?

Nevermind, I'm meant the precount sheet which I found. But when is the best time to do them? Too early I feel like it will be inaccurate, maybe the day of inventory or day before?

Last edited:
To prep also try to find and process any missed salvage (May be unlocated in br or randomly placed on salesfloor). that stuff is collected during inventory because the bar codes won’t scan - it can become a mountain to process or put on financial sheets to be processed the next day.

in backroom, try to not have too many dpci’s per Waco.

I don't think SFC or SFQ matters much for inventory because their counting backroom and salesfloor. Your probably better off super zoning your salesfloor and backroom. Fixing any not in file items, missing barcode, declutter and organize your backroom, putting away random hidden items, and making sure everything from truck is pushed out with no roller over etc. It's still a ways off for you but I guess it doesn't hurt to start sooner.

Don't the 1-4-1 batches tend to be higher after inventory? as in -- the batches attempt to fill the floor which is based on SFC and SFQ?
-
*my* batches were fine after last year's inventory, but i remember reading that some stores had massive 1-4-1 batches drop in

Don't the 1-4-1 batches tend to be higher after inventory? as in -- the batches attempt to fill the floor which is based on SFC and SFQ?
-
*my* batches were fine after last year's inventory, but i remember reading that some stores had massive 1-4-1 batches drop in

Yes, the batches will be massive after inventory. Everything that is needed on the floor will drop in at once. As will all of the stuff that was unlocated in the back. As a bonus trucks will get bigger because now they know you only have 30 cases of Tide when come on you really need 50 in the back to support sales.

We had some areas of my store go from almost nothing in the their pulls to over 300 DPCIs the moment the adjustment dropped, which was at about noon the day after inventory. I was lucky my pull only went up by 30. I know the exact number because I was about to start my pull but got caught up in a quick convo with my TL. It hit right then.

Nevermind, I'm meant the precount sheet which I found. But when is the best time to do them? Too early I feel like it will be inaccurate, maybe the day of inventory or day before?
The day of or the day before if you know you won’t pull it.

Yes, the batches will be massive after inventory. Everything that is needed on the floor will drop in at once. As will all of the stuff that was unlocated in the back. As a bonus trucks will get bigger because now they know you only have 30 cases of Tide when come on you really need 50 in the back to support sales.

We had some areas of my store go from almost nothing in the their pulls to over 300 DPCIs the moment the adjustment dropped, which was at about noon the day after inventory. I was lucky my pull only went up by 30. I know the exact number because I was about to start my pull but got caught up in a quick convo with my TL. It hit right then.
Ours weren’t big. But we did fix sfq and on hands before inventory.

As far as deep stickers. Let's say I have same items 4 deep directly behind and stacked on top. Do I need 2 deep stickers for front top and bottom items or just one deep sticker with the total behind and above it?

Had ours in February. It went incredibly smooth and we’re used to it being a cluster but this year it was so smooth that we were shocked beyond belief.

I would say that our prep before inventory was legendary. First time they did the counting during the day in our store too and it was a breeze.

Had ours in February. It went incredibly smooth and we’re used to it being a cluster but this year it was so smooth that we were shocked beyond belief.

I would say that our prep before inventory was legendary. First time they did the counting during the day in our store too and it was a breeze.

What's normally your worst areas? Ours went fairly smooth but fan central tend to be the worst because tags are easily taken off and it can be hard to find the DPCI because it isn't attached to the clothes like other Target stuff.

What's normally your worst areas? Ours went fairly smooth but fan central tend to be the worst because tags are easily taken off and it can be hard to find the DPCI because it isn't attached to the clothes like other Target stuff.
Style is usually the nightmare.

We did all of the pegged and pogged style last year, leaving only the hanging for WIS. And we also scanned a fair amount of hanging too.

Ok our store inventory is scheduled for this weekend. Who the fnck thought this was a great idea?? We have a trailer full of soft lines repacks. Plus 3 storage units in the parking lot of toys and back to school. Not to mention the entire back room over flowing with merchandise.
There's a reason we were told to put product in the trailers located and not just random pallets. That sounds like a nightmare.

Can someone tell me why we keep paying another company to do inventory when they always mess it up? Their only job is to count what's on the floor and what's in the back and where it is, and they can't even manage to do that right. Items full on the floor they said there's none of. Items claimed to be backstocked in completely the wrong places, sometimes locations I didn't even know existed. Items double or even triple counted. All of these item's on hand counts are now completely wrong when they weren't before the inventory. It's ridiculous that we spend the week before inventory auditing the backroom only for the numbers to get messed up, and then we have to go through and audit it again. It's a complete waste of time and I don't understand why Target doesn't just cut out the middleman and let us do the inventory.

Can someone tell me why we keep paying another company to do inventory when they always mess it up? Their only job is to count what's on the floor and what's in the back and where it is, and they can't even manage to do that right. Items full on the floor they said there's none of. Items claimed to be backstocked in completely the wrong places, sometimes locations I didn't even know existed. Items double or even triple counted. All of these item's on hand counts are now completely wrong when they weren't before the inventory. It's ridiculous that we spend the week before inventory auditing the backroom only for the numbers to get messed up, and then we have to go through and audit it again. It's a complete waste of time and I don't understand why Target doesn't just cut out the middleman and let us do the inventory.
I suspect that its cheaper to hire an outside company than to adequately staff the stores to do inventory themselves, or at least corporate thinks it is. Before corporate viewed cutting payroll as their first priority, stores used to do inventory themselves and it was a lot more accurate and efficient. Corporate probably doesn’t know or care what a massive mess and accuracy problem using an inventory service makes, but since they don’t have to allocate any extra payroll to fix it they are not motivated to change it. Of course that clean-up puts other tasks behind, impacts accuracy, fouls up FF and costs the store sales, but again, corporate doesn’t realize that or doesn’t care. It‘s cheaper and that’s what they care about. What a shame.🙄

I suspect that its cheaper to hire an outside company than to adequately staff the stores to do inventory themselves, or at least corporate thinks it is. Before corporate viewed cutting payroll as their first priority, stores used to do inventory themselves and it was a lot more accurate and efficient. Corporate probably doesn’t know or care what a massive mess and accuracy problem using an inventory service makes, but since they don’t have to allocate any extra payroll to fix it they are not motivated to change it. Of course that clean-up puts other tasks behind, impacts accuracy, fouls up FF and costs the store sales, but again, corporate doesn’t realize that or doesn’t care. It‘s cheaper and that’s what they care about. What a shame.🙄

It costs them way less because RGIS doesn't hire most of their people as regular employees so they don't have to pay the same costs that Target would if they used TMs.
They use temps and day laborers a lot, paying them them the absolute minimum they can get away with.

Can someone tell me why we keep paying another company to do inventory when they always mess it up?
We were part of the pilot that did it ourselves. From my understanding it went well, I'm pretty sure they will be expanding it next year.

Our inventory was a month ago. WIS came in using the old RGIS equipment, smelled like stank weed since they were lighting up in the parking lot, and proceeded to fuck the backroom up. We have a few shelves that don't have any wacos because we've been waiting on a boxes for a year now. How the hell do you scan the one item on the entire shelf into six locations is beyond me 🙄

Back