Inventory 2022

Hi All, has anyone's store had Inventory yet this year? And how did it go? My store is exactly a week out and we're sitting on 4 rolled over trucks, 3 additional trucks added to schedule, and inventory prep hasn't even started. Calling it a shitshow iis being very, very nice... Just curious if this is a Target thing or is my SD really just big a pile of shit? Thanks....

Yes. after inventory our pulls increase enough that out STL called to cancel trucks just so we could not so much catch up but down drown.

so much unlocated product.
the errors fixed and created are … well they balance out in the end, as they should. 🤪

It sounds like you're at my store, we are drowning in softlines and I don't know how they are suppose to get rid of that mess, take a double and be ready for inventory in about 10 days.
Might be.... but not just softlines. Bullseye Salvage is everywhere up in the steel...

Mine is coming up in two weeks . I have about 50 pallets of mini sea and we take doubles and triples . Inventory prep started 2 weeks ago for the off-site . Since our inventory starts at the off-site first we are still taking our normal double that day as we always have.

I'm glad we aren't the only ones with pallets of BPG salvage, I guess. I'm sure it would have sold, if it was pushed. We have xmas shit sitting out there right now because someone found pallets that old.

We just had inventory, took 12 hours. Only two days of prep. Mostly completed by BRTL & AP. OT approved Because so much to do in a crunch. Very little NOP/salvage to process - May be because I am finding it in WACOS now - seems like the inventory team chose to ignore those items rather than take the time to flag it, sad. End numbers were actually good, surprising to all. Of course fills and audits are heavy now - OOS pulls a big focus.

We did ours shortly before 4th quarter I believe. So we should be in the clear for a while. But the inventory is out of whack.

Six Target employees taking inventory for an entire store?

How long do they have to do it? Forever? 'Cause forever might be enough time.
Sorry each store is giving 6 for them to do inventory for their district, plus the actual store's employees helping out. These selected few will be the same team for that year's inventory. It is still split up throughout the year so we have at least one a month before 4th quarter.

I wasn't part of the team, but the tl at our store said it went well. We were not too sure about it being during the day side, but what helped was everyone part of the team had black shirts on so they wouldn't be stopped frequently. Everyone is scheduled a 10 hour shift and they stayed for 11. Granted this was at a Super Target and the first time to be done at our district so it may take less time.

Anyone know how to print the barcodes for contents in an assortment box? Please point me in the direction to find a report? Is it in Greenfield? Our inventory is right around the corner. We are so not ready.

Found out our inventory is 2 months out. So preparing involves fixing errors everywhere correct? SFC and SFQ throughout my regular section are consistently out of whack. I do 1:1 s daily and backstock most of it. Becoming a mix of dread and angry.. How is that fixed?

Found out our inventory is 2 months out. So preparing involves fixing errors everywhere correct? SFC and SFQ throughout my regular section are consistently out of whack. I do 1:1 s daily and backstock most of it. Becoming a mix of dread and angry.. How is that fixed?

I don't think SFC or SFQ matters much for inventory because their counting backroom and salesfloor. Your probably better off super zoning your salesfloor and backroom. Fixing any not in file items, missing barcode, declutter and organize your backroom, putting away random hidden items, and making sure everything from truck is pushed out with no roller over etc. It's still a ways off for you but I guess it doesn't hurt to start sooner.

Back