Archived Inventory

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackroomAlpha

Ask me anything, maybe I can help.
Precount/asst item sheets.... what is it and how do i get there?

Are we taking an entire precount of the backroom here? Im not exactly certain what that means. Thanks

The backroom detail report. You can print assortment reports there. You print all of them then stick them to the assortments. Inventory folks scan the loc then scan the whole report. The precount is usually only for bulk side steel, the pallets up top. The inventory company can't use the wave, so you make new bcodes, stick them on a sheet and add the count. Saves time for inventory.

Don't count displays!!
I figured that one. Thank ya! And thank you everyone for the replies. Its just me and one other person lol wish us luck.

Its tough dealing with ETLs that dont like being bothered with questions. :(

Last edited:
Depends on your displays. Some are counted such as the TV wall and laptops as they can be sold in the end when discontinued and/or clearance. Tablets vary.

oh see I haven't done much in electronics so I don't know about those displays.

Basically anything that's pulled from inventory is counted, unless it has been defected out.

In previous years there were display grills that had their own DPCI and they'd get sold at the end of the garden set. People would always get confused if they should be counted or not. At least this year they're just box stock, makes it easier.

I've always made my soda vendors do their own precounts, as their backroom area is limited and not well organized due to the space.

When we get the stuff that is basically considered financials, what do u do with them?

oh see I haven't done much in electronics so I don't know about those displays.

If the display has a dpci with class 94, it does not get counted. Any other displays do get counted. So, yes, TV wall gets counted because it comes out of box stock. Laptops, depends on the store- my store only has dummy displays with a class 94 dpci. Tablets, even thought they work, are also class 94 so not counted. Cameras are box stock and counted.

There should be "Do Not Inventory" sticky notes to place on all displays that do not get included in the inventory scan to make it easier to distinguish which is which.

If you are on financials, you will get one of the devices from RGIS. Anything that doesn't scan for them will be brought to you. This can include online only clearance, vendor merchandise, unticketed merchandise, and regular merchandise that is not on file for whatever reason. You will need a zebra, printer, tagging supplies, and I used my phone, but up to you.

You will scan an item. If it says do not inventory, do nothing and put it in reshop. If it scans with DPCI and price, you will enter the dept and class, then the price into the RGIS device. Anything that scans NOF (online items) you need to find (or guess) dept/class and price and input on the RGIS device. Any unticketed merchandise you will find numbers, ticket, and enter dept/class and price on the RGIS device.

Stay organized. Keep separated what is ready for reshopping, and what needs to be processed. There were 2 of us working financials. It can be anyone who will focus and pay attention. I think it is usually PPTL, but I seem to do it most of the time.

Also, if your inventory is not imminent, have price changers further all of the online clearance. We usually start that process a few weeks before inventory so we can get rid of most of it.

I'm finding myself a bit frustrated with inventory prep this year. It seems totally inefficient. Not sure why it's bothering me this year- I don't think it's any different than it's been in the past...maybe I'm just feeling the crunch more this year?

Our ETLs are having us mark all casepacks each time we backstock, but inventory is still a couple of weeks away and there's a good chance the vast majority of these casepacks will be pulled between now and then, so we're just wasting time.

I understand they're kinda paranoid about making sure we're ready for inventory, but wouldn't it be more efficient to let us all continue with our normal process and then a day or two before inventory we ALL (at the same time) spend like an hour going through each aisle and doing the marking?

So like, maybe 4 BRTMs would be back there and marking stuff. One night I went through and marked about 15 aisles in maybe 40 minutes, so it's totally realistic to think that we could get everything done.

I'll be honest- when we've been drowning in backstock lately I haven't been marking the boxes if I don't have a marker near by, because it just seems like we'll NEVER get caught up if I take that much time to backstock, and since all of the aisles have to be audited before the actual inventory process anyways, I figure it'll be caught and corrected (if the box is even still THERE when inventory happens!)

I totally, totally understand that pushing stuff off until the last minute is a recipe for disaster...but it seems equally disastrous to waste this much time marking stuff that will be long gone by the time inventory rolls around. I'd much rather get everything done in one fell swoop instead of all of these little bites. SO annoying!!

It's not efficient to mark as you go. Our STL wanted us to put deep stickers 3 days out. I was like buddy you're out of your mind! I only want to do it once.

Weeks out for inventory is insane, in particular if you are dropping all these manuals now. A couple days before is more than enough time to get it done.

If you are on financials, you will get one of the devices from RGIS. Anything that doesn't scan for them will be brought to you. This can include online only clearance, vendor merchandise, unticketed merchandise, and regular merchandise that is not on file for whatever reason. You will need a zebra, printer, tagging supplies, and I used my phone, but up to you.

You will scan an item. If it says do not inventory, do nothing and put it in reshop. If it scans with DPCI and price, you will enter the dept and class, then the price into the RGIS device. Anything that scans NOF (online items) you need to find (or guess) dept/class and price and input on the RGIS device. Any unticketed merchandise you will find numbers, ticket, and enter dept/class and price on the RGIS device.

Stay organized. Keep separated what is ready for reshopping, and what needs to be processed. There were 2 of us working financials. It can be anyone who will focus and pay attention. I think it is usually PPTL, but I seem to do it most of the time.

Also, if your inventory is not imminent, have price changers further all of the online clearance. We usually start that process a few weeks before inventory so we can get rid of most of it.

Okay. Makes sense. I did it properly then. Kinda thrown into it without any instructions. Looked on WB for whatever details I could find and made the correct judgements. Thanks! I'll be well prepared for next year

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back