Inventory

I don't even know, especially since the store I work at is getting a major remodeling in the first floor stockroom and second floor stockroom...

Our last one was a dumpster fire that light up the night. This years eh… no idea but it’ll be to raging inferno dumpsters.

Does Target TMs not do financials anymore for inventory? We use to have our little area for financials but didn't seem like we did that this year.

Does Target TMs not do financials anymore for inventory? We use to have our little area for financials but didn't seem like we did that this year.
I did financials for our 2/2021 inventory with RGIS - the only change was using their machine to directly enter the numbers instead of listing on a sheet like we did for years past.

Ours was not too long ago, biggest change is the start/end is more dayside and utilizing TM's for part of the count process in Style, I'd say in all 35-40% of style count was done by target TM's with this new way. At around 11 am it was all over as apposed to the past 9/10pm - 4/5am, that end game is the hesitant part, once guest are around especially in the last area to count (style) it became very nerve racking to just get it done and out of the way of shopping guests.

We had ours a few months ago, dayside, and it was so, so boring. Which I guess is sort of good for being one of the TMs the inventory folks were supposed to give problem items to - there weren't a lot of problem items. It was a relief when one of them knocked a label strip off a shelf - ooh! something to do! Did a lot of follow-up zoning.

Why do they do the inventory? We do our own audit For counts. I noticed it is usually done when the store switches management. Is it to count the losses of the manager leaving?

Every store that sells physical product has an inventory process that usually is an annual event that takes a couple of days. The grocery stores near me just did it…you can tell bc there are paper flags/stickers in the aisles. My dad worked as a parts manager for a car dealership when I was growing up. I helped with that inventory. Always very boring but necessary.

Back