Is anyone else's beauty team struggling?

Our beauty team has always had 4-5 people on staff year round, now all of a sudden we are literally down to only 2 people who are both working max hours. We are always behind on truck and sfs constantly has to dig through our repacks to find stuff for their orders. On top of that, our leader says that doing training modules, audits, and pulls are priority, NOT truck. So they'll send other leaders and team members to help us out for an hour or so, and they always seem annoyed they have to help us.

This says that they KNOW we are understaffed but are trying to get away with not hiring anyone else. It's tough for me to work a full 40 hours since we usually were only working 20, I've been taking classes and doing freelance work on the side. So now I'm working full time hours, plus advancing my education, plus my freelance work. Oh, and I have a foot injury I'm dealing with which I've already told them about, which makes it uncomfortable for me to be on my feet a lot.

It's just frustrating.

We've also always had 4-5 people & we're down to 2. Both myself & the other girl are fine with 30-40 hours, but if one of us goes on vacation (spoiler alert, we both have them scheduled this Summer) IDK what they'll do for the coverage. We aren't really behind at all because our ETL has been helping us A LOT and we developed a good system of how to do things quickly/efficiently.

Overall, Specialty Sales is getting the least amount of hours, they're not hiring for that at my store at all (even though we've had some style people quit over the last month or 2). The only people currently being hired are for the front end. You can bet that no hires will be happening in Specialty Sales until they need seasonal people. Last year we started hiring Seasonal people around the end of August so they'd be ready for orientation & training in September. We also had 4 main beauty people at that time, so I think the holiday season this year will be interesting... to put it mildly. 🙃

Back