Archived Is it acceptable for my etl-hr to be doing this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Our ETL-HR is really gung ho about us filling out the Great Team Survey, which is fine, but he's been asking all of us to tell him when we take the survey so he can cross our name off the list. I thought the whole purpose of the survey was for it to be anonymous, and doesn't it kind of lose its anonymity if they know who did and didn't take it? A couple of us found that odd today, and even brought it up in a joking manner, but he just brushed it off and reminded us to tell him when we took it. I know there's no way for them to really ever know what responses are attached to what team member, and I'm probably just being paranoid because I let the store leadership have it in my survey, but it just makes me wonder.

Just make something up. If you took it at 2pm, say you did it at 11am. What are they going to do if you lie? It's an anonymous survey.

Yeah you'll be fine. I don't think it's wrong of him to be asking for that info...they get scored on the level of participation so it's important it gets done.

it's optional this year, but they still get scored on participation. our district has to send daily updates on the participation %.

i find the over concern about it being anon hilarious. what exactly are you guys saying that you wouldn't say face to face? i honestly don't think target cares enough to pinpoint exactly when a disgruntled tm making $10 took their survey. Definitely not dissing anyone working at target... but after the BS over the last couple of years, do you think they honestly care if we're upset or even upset enough to quit over something? that's the great thing about getting rid of specialty positions, medical benefits, and having such a diverse, part time crew... one cogs fits in exactly where another pops out.

They are really harped on to make sure 100% of the store fills them out.

Actually, the GTS's are not 100% anonymous from what I remember. There are usually questions like what area do you work in. If you fill out Food Ave or a small area, then you are screwed because they can narrow it really down from there.

it's optional this year, but they still get scored on participation. our district has to send daily updates on the participation %.

i find the over concern about it being anon hilarious. what exactly are you guys saying that you wouldn't say face to face? i honestly don't think target cares enough to pinpoint exactly when a disgruntled tm making $10 took their survey. Definitely not dissing anyone working at target... but after the BS over the last couple of years, do you think they honestly care if we're upset or even upset enough to quit over something? that's the great thing about getting rid of specialty positions, medical benefits, and having such a diverse, part time crew... one cogs fits in exactly where another pops out.

Wait, there are tms making $10 an hr ? Darn, why am I always working at the wrong store:girl_sad:. And about the survey, I took it yesterday. And unfortunately there are more and more disgruntled employees and have been for the past few years. We have several who are talking about looking for something else on top of the ones who have already left. It's sad really.

Yep, everyone before this is right. It's just to make sure we have 100% participation. It's the TM's chance to have a solidified voice, good or bad about their store, and their management both store wide and district wide.

For the smaller work centers, those specific questions are only viewable by certain people in the company from what I remember. I always joke about how my ETL will know everyone's survey due to me working in AP.

On our survey it was very generic, all of hardlines including Electronics and grocery was listed as 'Sales Floor'. I too was initially concerned about the lack of privacy but at the same time I could care less. Everybody minus 1 person shares the same feelings as to how things have down in the past few months and I can only hope everybody was as honest as I was during the survey.

Actually, the GTS's are not 100% anonymous from what I remember. There are usually questions like what area do you work in. If you fill out Food Ave or a small area, then you are screwed because they can narrow it really down from there.

With the survey results, if less than 5 people select a certain workcenter (say GSTL/GSA) then the STL doesn't see certain aspects of the survey results. Higher up in the chain of command (regional level) can see every result and every answer.

Any thought of it being anonymous that I had goes out the window with the workcenter/ years of service questions lol. Not that I care anyway. I would put my name on it. I don't like to hide.

Any thought of it being anonymous that I had goes out the window with the workcenter/ years of service questions lol. Not that I care anyway. I would put my name on it. I don't like to hide.
Careful, mgt might figure you out...it has happen at my store, already. Contact the hotline without delay, your stl & hr-etl will have you explain why, they coached a tm for expressing their opinion on the BTS. It suggested to speak in general terms & change certain things.

Last edited:

Ah, the joys of being a cashier in an A+ volume store with large hiring classes.

I don't really get why people get so worried about the survey. Its primary use is to judge your stores wins and opportunities, leading to team commitments and potential change. I would never want my team to feel unhappy working here, but I can't fix what I don't know about.

Our ETL-HR is really gung ho about us filling out the Great Team Survey, which is fine, but he's been asking all of us to tell him when we take the survey so he can cross our name off the list. I thought the whole purpose of the survey was for it to be anonymous, and doesn't it kind of lose its anonymity if they know who did and didn't take it? A couple of us found that odd today, and even brought it up in a joking manner, but he just brushed it off and reminded us to tell him when we took it. I know there's no way for them to really ever know what responses are attached to what team member, and I'm probably just being paranoid because I let the store leadership have it in my survey, but it just makes me wonder.

They shoudl NOT ask you if you took it...they should only use their list to make sure everyone has been invited to participate.

A lot of that information is only reported for a total store and not broken out. They don't make a report for any gruop that doesn't have at least four responses.

With the survey results, if less than 5 people select a certain workcenter (say GSTL/GSA) then the STL doesn't see certain aspects of the survey results. Higher up in the chain of command (regional level) can see every result and every answer.

How do you know that they won't share it with the group leaders, who shares it with the district leaders, which tells the the store team leaders, and finally, their ETLs...

just sayin'...information has a way of circulating...

And what if my mom is a government spy that is hacking my bluetooth enabled phone to read my emails?

We can always play the "what-if" game...

It's your ETL-HR's job to ensure that TM's in your store are taking the survey. He isn't sitting behind you while you take it, or linking up the exact time to the time of published results - he's simply marking your name off so that he can stop bothering you. There is literally no way for him to link you up with the answers you submitted. Target isn't even the company administering the survey.

Results are not published for workcenters whose lack of significant headcount can compromise anonymity. Workcenters like AP, FA and SBUX will not have published results and will rather be included in store-wide readings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back