Archived Is it even worth it being a TL?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Backroom88

Receiving_genius
I have been on the bench for about 4 months. Finally something in the district came up. BRTL but is $3 even worth it? You are over BR, receiving (my position) flex fullfilment, ship from store, in stocks, RFID. Thats 6 sections right there, on top no payroll and always cutting hours. What do you guys think?

I got the $3 for BRTL and $3 for senior. $6 and it's still not worth the stress I'm under. I'd enjoy it much more if I was just BR because I could actually focus on my department(s), because let's be honest, they're all very different departments crammed under one umbrella. Get yourself a few A players who are your right hands to captain the departments and rotate your schedule to spend some time in each during the week.

But honestly I wish they'd just made me receiver like I wanted instead of SRBRTL.

Thanks for the words. I was thinking the exact same thing about not being worth it. Like you said everything is crammed into one TL position while the Flow TL only pushes truck and gets extra $1 for key how is that fair? Im receiver and im outstanding at it. All vendors love and respect me so does leadership. Monday through friday just cant beat that.

I got a $5 raise for becoming BRTL. I don't think I would do it for $3.you do have a LITTLE room to negotiate. lay it on the table what the minimum you'd take is and explain why you are worth that.

I got a $5 raise for becoming BRTL. I don't think I would do it for $3.you do have a LITTLE room to negotiate. lay it on the table what the minimum you'd take is and explain why you are worth that.

This right here. Set a price knowing if they dont match it you will maintain your current position.

I might be biased, but I think BRTL is the hardest TL position there is, maybe next to PPTL.

I was already at TL pay from my previous position (I tried to negotiate there, was shut down hard), so I only got $2 for next paygrade and key carrier. I'm still not sure if it's worth what I've taken on, but I know I'm stronger and more capable than any other TL in the building. I hope your store culture at the leadership level is better than mine, or your life will not be easy.

If you're looking to be a TL and possibly beyond, it's not a bad role to take. Log roles are the toughest, and will further your development substantially.

I might be biased, but I think BRTL is the hardest TL position there is, maybe next to PPTL.

I was already at TL pay from my previous position (I tried to negotiate there, was shut down hard), so I only got $2 for next paygrade and key carrier. I'm still not sure if it's worth what I've taken on, but I know I'm stronger and more capable than any other TL in the building. I hope your store culture at the leadership level is better than mine, or your life will not be easy.

If you're looking to be a TL and possibly beyond, it's not a bad role to take. Log roles are the toughest, and will further your development substantially.
They told me the position is at another store which makes it a whole lot harder. Im just afraid they will tell me only $3 that wouldnt even put me at $15 thats a joke. Im due for at least a 50 cent raise in april. Might as well stick around and then take a TL position after the merit otherwise ill get the promotion and a very small merit.

It all depends on the store you work in. Is your store pretty kickback? Or is it a total shit show?

Not when they want to promote or on bench. You know who likes it and who doesn't. At the moment I only have an instocks captain and he's my trainer as well as my main RFID person; he wants to be a TL.

Not everyone wants to promote. I did TL work at other jobs, thanks but no thanks. But I am good at what I do and they leave me alone to do it.

But backroom for just $3 - oh hell no! More dude that job is a killer..

They told me the position is at another store which makes it a whole lot harder. Im just afraid they will tell me only $3 that wouldnt even put me at $15 thats a joke. Im due for at least a 50 cent raise in april. Might as well stick around and then take a TL position after the merit otherwise ill get the promotion and a very small merit.
I wouldn't take any TL position for less than $15. especially with Target trying to do more with less. Leadership positions are tougher than ever now. double the work with half the payroll

Try to negotiate being a key carrier as well. If the store isn't overnight, it will come in handy to be able to get in without having to wait for the Flow TL or the ETL.

Our BRTL is a key carrier for that reason. We even had a non-Sr PPTL key carrier so they could do overnight sets and come in early on Sundays.

What makes PPTL that much worse? On the bench for it and considering turning it down early to not waste development time. But also considering just sticking around until I get it so I can parlay it into better position elsewhere.

Last edited:
Thanks for the words. I was thinking the exact same thing about not being worth it. Like you said everything is crammed into one TL position while the Flow TL only pushes truck and gets extra $1 for key how is that fair? Im receiver and im outstanding at it. All vendors love and respect me so does leadership. Monday through friday just cant beat that.

I think Flow is one of the hardest TL positions. Typically runs the largest team, works crazy hours (especially during holidays,) and has the most diverse team. If Flow falls apart, the whole store starts to fall apart. Largest team that has the biggest effect on the store.

No thank you.

Been there and done that for sales floor, planogram, and backroom team leader. I went down to team member again, My answer is hell no!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back