Is it normal for them to only keep you for 2 months seasonal?

I was hired around October 14th and they just notified me they’re letting me go after the 24th. Is that normal? I thought it was 5-6 months.

Yeah, normal. I was hired beginning of November for seasonal and if they didn’t keep me on back then, my last day would have been right around Jan 1.

yeah it’s normal. hours are very low after Christmas season. usually you want to apply before September (not for seasonal) if you want to become permanent or expect to stay longer than 3 months.

Seasonal means they can keep you up to 5 months or so if they want to, but most Q4 seasonal hires end right before or after Christmas, depending.

Yes-if you were in SFS then after Christmas there is no need for extra tms. Some stores will try to move you to other departments if your suited for them.

My store lets the seasonals go the 1st week of January - that is the week with the last shifts for each seasonal not being kept.

After Christmas, the seasonals are told whether they are being kept or not. They do not tell seasonals before Christmas so they don't have a bunch of team members calling out and NCNSing right before Christmas when the store needs everyone.

After the seasonals are told, there are always a few that just stop showing up. Never made sense to not work the last couple shifts so you can be eligible to come back in the future if you wanted. The seasonals that stop showing up are labeled as not rehireable.

The seasonals are used to restock and straighten up the store for a week or two.

Covid and supplemental payouts did a number on payroll.

And the traffic at your store may not be as expected.

Back