Is it possible to request to not work inbound?

I see. My team is just strictly inbound . We just support the area where it got hit the most.
i’m just worried i’ll fall behind all the time. the guy over sporting goods and pet quit cause he couldn’t keep up and he was on inbound

i’m just worried i’ll fall behind all the time. the guy over sporting goods and pet quit cause he couldn’t keep up and he was on inbound
Here is my suggestion . Everyday when you have your split shift ask your inbound Tl to make a copy of your workload for the truck as well as your workload for how long it should take you to pull and stock your 141. Those reports he has access too so make sure he makes them available to you . And you take notes for yourself of how long the truck takes each day. When it comes time to hold you accountable show all that and say listen I did the best I can but I believe that with these reports the inbound lead should have strategize a way in which to support me coming clean and current.
Take your 15 because if you don’t finish and still not taking your 15 because you are trying your best they will fire you or that alone and not even mention the fact you are not finishing . Not taking your 15 minutes it’s unacceptable conduct

Here is my suggestion . Everyday when you have your split shift ask your inbound Tl to make a copy of your workload for the truck as well as your workload for how long it should take you to pull and stock your 141. Those reports he has access too so make sure he makes them available to you . And you take notes for yourself of how long the truck takes each day. When it comes time to hold you accountable show all that and say listen I did the best I can but I believe that with these reports the inbound lead should have strategize a way in which to support me coming clean and current.
Take your 15 because if you don’t finish and still not taking your 15 because you are trying your best they will fire you or that alone and not even mention the fact you are not finishing . Not taking your 15 minutes it’s unacceptable conduct
Every day we have to fill out dbo sheets with the times it should take for both truck push and pull times. That way when we look over the schedule for the day we can see who needs help where and who can maybe support. Is this not done everywhere because it seems like common sense to me
Edit to add to this. Not saying you dont do this obviously ypu seem to have a good grasp on the target processes, but if your a leader or your leader is not doing this then what do they do all day amd how can they hold anyone accountable to anything

Last edited:
Every day we have to fill out dbo sheets with the times it should take for both truck push and pull times. That way when we look over the schedule for the day we can see who needs help where and who can maybe support. Is this not done everywhere because it seems like common sense to me
Edit to add to this. Not saying you dont do this obviously ypu seem to have a good grasp on the target processes, but if your a leader or your leader is not doing this then what do they do all day amd how can they hold anyone accountable to anything
I’m a leader . I was suggesting to kittykat99 What she/he do since she/he seems stress to the point of not even taking 15. My job as inbound leader is to look at the workload and support who has the most freight my inbound team is strictly inbound and not dbos . Your GMTL is giving you a dbo checklist with the assumption thy this is how long it should take you . Unless you can show me your dbo list where your gmtl has prof of how big your 141 is and how long should take to pull and stock , also how many hours for freight stock , sales planners , clearance and revisions ( without Plano experts actually doing your rev, pogs) believe me he/she might be pulling those hours from their asses.

Every day we have to fill out dbo sheets with the times it should take for both truck push and pull times. That way when we look over the schedule for the day we can see who needs help where and who can maybe support.
Are you a dbo? Or inbound? Because if you are a dbo there is no reason to look at the schedule to see who needs support . You should be focusing on your area , once your done with your workload and you are ahead you should be doing price change , maybe a revision or two , then the next day a pog or two and stay ahead in your department . Dbo means Designated business owner .
The gmtl should partner with inbound Tl if his areas needs support and not just have the dbos that are A player go and help b,c players it’s just not fair . Yes you help your team once or twice but at what point will the c player becomes a A player if it’s always expected to be helped?

I’m a leader . I was suggesting to kittykat99 What she/he do since she/he seems stress to the point of not even taking 15. My job as inbound leader is to look at the workload and support who has the most freight my inbound team is strictly inbound and not dbos . Your GMTL is giving you a dbo checklist with the assumption thy this is how long it should take you . Unless you can show me your dbo list where your gmtl has prof of how big your 141 is and how long should take to pull and stock , also how many hours for freight stock , sales planners , clearance and revisions ( without Plano experts actually doing your rev, pogs) believe me he/she might be pulling those hours from their asses.
I am agreeing with you, it was more of a psa for other leaders and tms who are stressing about getting stuff done. We drop all the pulls in the morning and calculate the times it should take to pull them and go off the truck paper and calculate how long that should take. Its not a perfect system but it can generally tell you who has too much work for a day based on their shift. As for revisions and pricing and such each gmtl for there area has separate plans for those that are done earlier and would then be calculated into there daily workload and again reassessed if they have too much work that day. Again if tls arent doing this then how can they possibly keep track and hold people accountable. I would actually luke to know what you do to keep track of this because like i said you seem to have a good grasp of the processes and am not afraid to seek out new ways of doing things if possible
Edit also a leader and believe me if we come out with fake numbers my sd and etl will chew me the fuck out.

I am agreeing with you, it was more of a psa for other leaders and tms who are stressing about getting stuff done. We drop all the pulls in the morning and calculate the times it should take to pull them and go off the truck paper and calculate how long that should take. Its not a perfect system but it can generally tell you who has too much work for a day based on their shift. As for revisions and pricing and such each gmtl for there area has separate plans for those that are done earlier and would then be calculated into there daily workload and again reassessed if they have too much work that day. Again if tls arent doing this then how can they possibly keep track and hold people accountable. I would actually luke to know what you do to keep track of this because like i said you seem to have a good grasp of the processes and am not afraid to seek out new ways of doing things if possible
I pull all the reports , for trailer , transition , price change , 141 there is actually reportS for that to see how long it should take to pull and stock , I don’t calculate or make up the no of what I think it should take , because as a former Backroom leader by nature I’ll be faster at pulling than a person who is doing a batch once a day so I’m not gonna compare a tm from an other , I go with the reports all available in greenfield .

I pull all the reports , for trailer , transition , price change , 141 there is actually reportS for that to see how long it should take to pull and stock , I don’t calculate or make up the no of what I think it should take , because as a former Backroom leader by nature I’ll be faster at pulling than a person who is doing a batch once a day so I’m not gonna compare a tm from an other , I go with the reports all available in greenfield .
I mean i was a backroom tm too and those reports give way too much time imo. Do you not give them dbo sheets with their times ?

I mean i was a backroom tm too and those reports give way too much time imo. Do you not give them dbo sheets with their times ?
I wasn’t hired for inbound. A lot of DBOs are on inbound and gm. We have an inbound person who is over chemical and an inbound person who is over toys.

I don’t specifically do it . But the other gmtl do . I think between 10 GMTL they can manage their own dbos I print the reports for the Tl and leave it on their desk but that’s as much as get involve with . I strictly own inbound , Plano ,reverse logistics and sea . I don’t give my dbo a checklist because is no need even if the workload would be to much since I own inbound they would push there before anywhere else .
Once my area s done I support whoever workload is the heaviest be it p1, market or p2.

I wasn’t hired for inbound. A lot of DBOs are on inbound and gm. We have an inbound person who is over chemical and an inbound person who is over toys.
We used to have dbos over areas like chem and pets when we first started but we found they are too busy to consistently finish, rn the inbound team consists of dbos for plastics, furn, beds, one is a second dbo for frozen, plug/kitchen, and one just does bulk amd cleans the dock. Itll vary by store depending on payroll amd volume. We tried having just an inbound team but we didn't get the payroll to consistantly support it.

I don’t specifically do it . But the other gmtl do . I think between 10 GMTL they can manage their own dbos I print the reports for the Tl and leave it on their desk but that’s as much as get involve with . I strictly own inbound , Plano ,reverse logistics and sea . I don’t give my dbo a checklist because is no need even if the workload would be to much since I own inbound they would push there before anywhere else .
Once my area s done I support whoever workload is the heaviest be it p1, market or p2.
Oh ok makes sense. Thanks don't want hijack this post anymore then i already have 😂

I mean i was a backroom tm too and those reports give way too much time imo
Ohh so do I but at the end of the day when it comes time for Accountability and since target is all about reports and metrics you will always and I mean always have someone take longer to pull than the report says anyway lol

Ohh so do I but at the end of the day when it comes time for Accountability and since target is all about reports and metrics you will always and I mean always have someone take longer to pull than the report says anyway lol
So what am I suppose to do if I don’t finish my 5 hour push? I’m really stressed

So what am I suppose to do if I don’t finish my 5 hour push? I’m really stressed
I assume you have some kind of a relationship with the inbound Tl right? Instead of stressing so much just let him/her know that you are very overwhelmed by the fact that you mind not be able to finish your workload and can he /she support . If the answer is no then ask for the whole workload report and take it up with your Tl and explain how they can expect this of you with a split shift . But honestly if anyone in p1, market or p2 would come to me with that concern I would help and more so if any of my inbound tm would be split shift I wouldn’t let my team sink.

I assume you have some kind of a relationship with the inbound Tl right? Instead of stressing so much just let him/her know that you are very overwhelmed by the fact that you mind not be able to finish your workload and can he /she support . If the answer is no then ask for the whole workload report and take it up with your Tl and explain how they can expect this of you with a split shift . But honestly if anyone in p1, market or p2 would come to me with that concern I would help and more so if any of my inbound tm would be split shift I wouldn’t let my team sink.
I’m really dreading tomorrow

I’m really dreading tomorrow
Retail is a pretty stressful job, but you shouldnt be worried talk to your leader and ask about your productivity and what expectations you have for the day, if yourzone/reshop, 141s, and truck push should take longer then your shift they should be helping you. If the time it should take is less then your shift and you don't finish they should be coaching and helping you figure out what you need to do to finish on time. Again they shouldnt be making you feel bad unless you are doing things like taking long breaks or talking to other team members for extended periods of time, stuff like that. There goal is to make you a better team member not to throw you under the bus and yell at you. Hopefully you are not in a store or under leadership that does that.

Is there a different tool in greenfield to see the times to pull and push the 141 now? The move workload tool link has been missing for months now and I was wondering if there is still a way to see those times??

Back