Archived Is it possible to work at two Target locations at once?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This may seem like a really odd question, but does anyone if it’s possible to get a job at two Target locations at once?

No, because you can only be tied to one store at a time.

!!!!! Something HR related I know that the master of HR doesnt :O

Yes and no.... Yes you can but still need to stay under 40 hours like normal. Also, it typically isnt something they do unless you are a good worker/have been around for awhile or are in a special position/situation. We have a TPS that is split between two different stores. They can clock in and out at both stores and we figure out the schedule between ourselves (although the easiest way is to just have set days). I don't know how to set it up, just that the home store needs to send or do something from their side before the second store can add or see them in the system.

Yes and no.... Yes you can but still need to stay under 40 hours like normal. Also, it typically isnt something they do unless you are a good worker/have been around for awhile or are in a special position/situation. We have a TPS that is split between two different stores. They can clock in and out at both stores and we figure out the schedule between ourselves (although the easiest way is to just have set days). I don't know how to set it up, just that the home store needs to send or do something from their side before the second store can add or see them in the system.

Aww, thank you! So kind!

I think that I might know what you are referring to though. It is possible for a TM to use the time clock and physically work at another store if the main store charges out the TM's scheduled shifts to that other store. The TM is still tied only to the main store though so they aren't officially also a TM of that other store.

Most of the time, sending TMs/TLs to work at another store is just temporary because that other store needs serious help.

Same, one of my old TPS worked at multiple stores too. My AP Leader actually asked me to help them with the TPS schedule so I totally related to your post. :)

Last edited:
Aww, thank you! So kind!

I think that I might know what you are referring to though. It is possible for a TM to use the time clock and physically work at another store if the main store charges off the TM's scheduled shifts to that other store. The TM is still tied only to the main store though so they aren't officially also a TM of that other store.

Most of the time, sending TMs/TLs to work at another store is just temporary because that other store needs serious help.

Same, one of my old TPS worked at multiple stores too. My AP Leader actually asked me to help them with the TPS schedule so I totally related to your post. :)

Yes, exactly this. I don't write their schedule but the other store does so I guess hours are just charged out to our store for those days.

AP is the exception. We get our hours from district, not the store. Store TMs cannot switch.

all these situations line up with what HRLady said...
It is possible for a TM to use the time clock and physically work at another store if the main store charges out the TM's scheduled shifts to that other store.
The TM is still tied only to the main store though so they aren't officially also a TM of that other store.

so to answer OPs question: you cannot have a job at two target stores, but in rare cases (and you would never be hired to do this, you have to be really good at what you do) you can get "loaned" to another store

so to answer OPs question: you cannot have a job at two target stores, but in rare cases (and you would never be hired to do this, you have to be really good at what you do) you can get "loaned" to another store

Starbucks loans TM's pretty frequently.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back