Is it true that “30 minutes of waiting, you get paid for your whole shift.”

I constantly have to wait for my boss to show up. I’m inbound, and they keep pushing back the time we have to show up. It used to be 4 am, then it was 3 am, now it’s 2 am. So it’s 2 am and I’m sitting here in a parking lot. I overheard that after 30 minutes of waiting, you can leave and get paid for the day. Out of curiosity, I have checked the handbook, and can’t find it. I was wondering if anyone could link me it. My ETL, would not believe me, and I am done waiting. So I want to show her this section of the handbook.

I constantly have to wait for my boss to show up. I’m inbound, and they keep pushing back the time we have to show up. It used to be 4 am, then it was 3 am, now it’s 2 am. So it’s 2 am and I’m sitting here in a parking lot. I overheard that after 30 minutes of waiting, you can leave and get paid for the day. Out of curiosity, I have checked the handbook, and can’t find it. I was wondering if anyone could link me it. My ETL, would not believe me, and I am done waiting. So I want to show her this section of the handbook.
Maybe. If you are waiting 30 mins after the schedule time. Confirm it on my time.
Best bet, stand at the entry door & smile at the camera. Do a punch correction for all times.

Spot is known to change the time without telling you.

Maybe. If you are waiting 30 mins after the schedule time. Confirm it on my time.
Best bet, stand at the entry door & smile at the camera. Do a punch correction for all times.

Spot is known to change the time without telling you.
Our camera has been inoperable for months now so I took a video of TMSC and my watch showing the time, also ringing the bell. I also have my schedule screenshot showing what time I was supposed to be at work. We were scheduled at 2, and the ETL who was supposed to open didn't show up until 4. I had left by then.

This is also a HUGE safety violation. You should be paid and they should be termed IMO for putting their team at risk. 🤷🏻‍♀️
I think your exaggerating a bit your in a wide open empty parking lot. They should not leave your car while they are alone. It's also likely there was other tms there. It's shitty but you shouldn't be termed for missing your alarm. It's happened to anyone that has worked a shift that early for any extended period of time.

If you are there for more then 15 mins, paid for 4 hrs and I would report to the integrity hotline if it’s a regular issue. I’m pretty sure I read this on the wage and hourly act, we have this issue at our store as well, a leader literally didn’t up until 10mins before opening.

If you are there for more then 15 mins, paid for 4 hrs and I would report to the integrity hotline if it’s a regular issue. I’m pretty sure I read this on the wage and hourly act, we have this issue at our store as well, a leader literally didn’t up until 10mins before opening.
Do not call hotline. Punch correction with a note, lod was late. The op did not say if other folks were with them.
If the opening of 10 folks waiting for 30 mins multi times, hr or sd will notice the corrections for sure.

Back